New here

Hi im new to basic role playing I love the simplicity of it but the problem is I love fantasy and I cant get much in the way of fantasy BRP stuff in the UK where Im from. Can you guys give me some heads up..

Welcome to the forum. :)

Fantasy is a very wide field, perhaps you could name or describe the type of

fantasy you prefer ?

"Mind like parachute, function only when open."

(Charlie Chan)

I'm not sure what you mean... you mean there's not much in the stores? That figures... the only BRP stuff I see on the shelves here is the BGB and CoC stuff.

There's loads of fantasy for BRP though... there are the various permutations of Runequest of course... but also the monographs from Chaosium, such as the Classic Fantasy book, adventures like 'In Search Of The Trollslayer'... as well as more exotic stuff like Dragon Lines.

But somehow I'm suspecting I'm not answering the question...

eBay! Or pick up anything, and convert - it's easy... (well, fairly).

Britain has been infiltrated by soviet agents to the highest levels. They control the BBC, the main political party leaderships, NHS & local council executives, much of the police, most newspapers and the utility companies. Of course the EU is theirs, through-and-through. And they are among us - a pervasive evil, like Stasi.

The Mongoose RuneQuest (I) SRD is available for free download from this very site and includes a starting selection of critters. The wiki section contains further creature write-ups done by fans. Also here are links to related games such as Renaissance (if you want to add a little Musketeer flavor to your fantasy) and to various helpful BRP-related web sites.

My local game shops (in the central United States) have a similar dearth of BRP material. One doesn't carry it at all, the other has a handful of Call of Cthulhu supplements but not the core book or BRP's Big Gold Book. RuneQuest has disappeared in the wake of the licensing switch-ups.

I predict there will be an announcement being made shortly which you'll be quite interested in...

Please don't contact me with Chaosium questions. I'm no longer associated with the company, and have no idea what the new management is doing.

Hi im new to basic role playing I love the simplicity of it but the problem is I love fantasy and I cant get much in the way of fantasy BRP stuff in the UK where Im from. Can you guys give me some heads up..

Wayland's Forge in Birmingham carries a lot of BRP/RQ/Legend material.

Where are you based in the UK? I am sure there must be a games store near you with BRP material.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here