BRP core rulebook font question

Hi everyone!

This is my first post on the forums, and appropriately enough, it is a question.

I'm in the process of writing a BRP rules set for a sci-fi setting. Now that I have it mostly completed, I am starting to do the final polishing passes which includes all the fun stuff like adding artwork, font choice, etc. I would like to keep the same font type as the BRP core rulebook for uniformity (and because I like the looks as well ;)). So does anyone here happen to know what fonts are used? There seem to be at least three different types - one for the Chapter titles, one for the section indicators on the page sides, and one for the general text.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks! :)

Excellent suggestions - thanks!

(I had no idea Word could identify fonts it didn't have in it's library already)

The chapter titles and paragraph lead-ins are indeed Hobo, however the basic text is listed as Goudy. Unfortunately the page side text is a graphic and not text so Word didn't recognize it. It is obviously some kind of san serif hollow text (all caps) - so this is the last piece of the puzzle (I have been to a number of text sites, but haven't had any luck finding it :()

So, any other really good suggestions on how to identify it? Thanks again! :)

According to Acrobat, the Body is Goudy Old Style. Subheads and drop caps all appear to be Chaosium standard Hobo (its imbedded in the PDF Properties), along with a smattering of Palatino, Stone Sans, Legacy Sans, Impact, along with Wingdings and Symbol.

Now, what it doesn't tell me is sizes or leading. Chaosium has used 9/11 in the past for Body, but the BGB appears to be a bit larger, perhaps 10/11 or even 10/12.

Update: "Copy with formatting" into TextEdit says that its 10 pt, single space, which would normally be 10/12.

SDLeary

Edited by SDLeary

According to Acrobat, the Body is Goudy Old Style. Subheads and drop caps all appear to be Chaosium standard Hobo (its imbedded in the PDF Properties), along with a smattering of Palatino, Stone Sans, Legacy Sans, Impact, along with Wingdings and Symbol.

Now, what it doesn't tell me is sizes or leading. Chaosium has used 9/11 in the past for Body, but the BGB appears to be a bit larger, perhaps 10/11 or even 10/12.

Update: "Copy with formatting" into TextEdit says that its 10 pt, single space, which would normally be 10/12.

SDLeary

Good stuff!

Thanks (everyone) so much for the help. It will certainly make make my task much easier now!

Follow up, can anyone identify the font used for titles in the Elric! book? I'm positive that I had it many many years ago. I think it was presented as free but I'd gladly buy the thing to use it. Been looking for at least ten years.

70/420

Follow up, can anyone identify the font used for titles in the Elric! book? I'm positive that I had it many many years ago. I think it was presented as free but I'd gladly buy the thing to use it. Been looking for at least ten years.

PM Binder - aka Marcus Bone. I think he uses the font and layout for his Stormbringer site.