BRP hardcover errata

Sam E.

Only updated info (that I have) is negative (and tangential to the OP / thread-title):  the "BRP Essentials project" mentioned a few times upthread is no longer actively planned, per Chaosium.

BRP remains the (crunchy/simulationist) "house system" but every BRP book is planned to be a specific world + rules, each likely having slightly-tweaked rules; each will be complete and ready-to-play, with no "generic" rulebook.  RQG, "RuneQuest: Adventuring in Glorantha" will likely be the first to see print, then "Mythic Iceland" 2e.

No "new edition" of BRP is planned as a standalone document.

• Like 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 7:36 PM, g33k said:

Only updated info (that I have) is negative (and tangential to the OP / thread-title):  the "BRP Essentials project" mentioned a few times upthread is no longer actively planned, per Chaosium.

BRP remains the (crunchy/simulationist) "house system" but every BRP book is planned to be a specific world + rules, each likely having slightly-tweaked rules; each will be complete and ready-to-play, with no "generic" rulebook.  RQG, "RuneQuest: Adventuring in Glorantha" will likely be the first to see print, then "Mythic Iceland" 2e.

No "new edition" of BRP is planned as a standalone document.

Out of curiosity, where did you hear this? I'd love to get more news on BRP game developments in general.

7 hours ago, dieselpunk said:

Out of curiosity, where did you hear this? I'd love to get more news on BRP game developments in general.

There isn't any place where "BRP game developments in general" are collected and archived, AFAIK.  But if it's a RPG from Chaosium, AFAIK, it's either HQ or some flavor of BRP.  And  Chaosium is good about announcing in the appropriate here on BRP Central, so if you're reviewing that subforum regularly (and their G+ "Chaosium" forum) you should be pretty on top of things...

I re-discovered this info on page 7 of a thread here on BRP Central... 

https://basicroleplaying.org/topic/4006-i-wish-for-brp-essentials-to-be/?do=findComment&comment=78948

It's not like the CoC7 or RQG products (clearly meant to be customer-facing products).  You won't find a series of Blog posts / etc the way there is e.g. for "RuneQuest:Roleplaying in Glorantha." 

The folks running nuChaosium never "announced" any product with "... BRP ..." in the title (only as a description of the game, AFAIK).  They talked about a "BRPE" book -- at one point, pretty confidently -- and what they expected it to look like (eventually, when they got to it).  But as of the post above (from late '16) they were clearly thinking it was in the "deferred indefinitely" category:  not likely to sell well enough to be worth the time taken away from other product-lines.

It's one of the things nuChaosium does that really differentiates it from going-bankrupt OldChaosium -- they run it like a business, where the Bottom Line matters.  It isn't the ONLY thing that matters, but it never doesn't matter.  So if it doesn't make sense to publish a product... they won't (no matter what fond memory (or grognardian whinging) suggests).

Edited by g33k

C'es ne pas un .sig

• Scotty pinned this topic
  • MOB unpinned this topic

Just as an FYI, I had thought that these edits had been made to the original files and thus didn't think to look here.

I'm going through these and seeing which ones are still unresolved and they'll be in an upcoming corrected version. 

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1
  • Thanks 3

15 minutes ago, Jason D said:

Just as an FYI, I had thought that these edits had been made to the original files and thus didn't think to look here.

I'm going through these and seeing which ones are still unresolved and they'll be in an upcoming corrected version. 

Thanks.  I actually posted in the corrections thread about this, but my post was deleted, so I assumed MOB had directed your attention to it.