MS-06 Zaku II and RX-77 Guncannon (Mecha teasers of the week)

RosenMcStern

And since I skipped a week, today we have TWO mecha to showcase:

MS-06 Zaku II

[table]

[tr][th]zak07.jpg&scritta=Encirobot.com%20-%20%A9%20Sotsu%20Agency,%20Nagoya%20TV,%20Nippon%20Sunrise[/th][/tr]

[/table]

So here is the war machine designed to give the Principality supremacy over the rest of the human race.

[table]

[tr][th]STR[/th][th]SIZ[/th][th]POW[/th][th]DEX[/th][th]APP[/th][th]DB[/th][th]MOV[/th][th]Armour[/th][/tr]

[tr][th]76[/th][th]89[/th][th]95[/th][th]-[/th][th]-[/th][th]+1d4[/th][th]5[/th][th]4 [2 Energy][/th][/tr]

[/table]

MOV is 10 in space

[table]

[tr]

[th]Location[/th]

[td]R Leg[/td]

[td]L Leg[/td]

[td]Torso[/td]

[td]R Arm[/td]

[td]L Arm[/td]

[td]Head[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[th]Melee[/th]

[td]01-04[/td]

[td]05-08[/td]

[td]09-12[/td]

[td]13-15[/td]

[td]16-18[/td]

[td]19-20[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[th]Missile[/th]

[td]01-03[/td]

[td]04-06[/td]

[td]07-15[/td]

[td]16-17[/td]

[td]18-19[/td]

[td]20[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[th]AP[/th]

[td]4[/td]

[td]4[/td]

[td]4[/td]

[td]4[/td]

[td]4[/td]

[td]4[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[th]HP[/th]

[td]3[/td]

[td]3[/td]

[td]5[/td]

[td]3[/td]

[td]3[/td]

[td]3[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[th]Sections[/th]

[td]Thruster [/td]

[td]Thruster [/td]

[td]Engine [2],[/td]

[td][/td]

[td][/td]

[td]Sensors [2][/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td][/td]

[td][/td]

[td][/td]

[td]Cockpit [3][/td]

[td][/td]

[td][/td]

[td][/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td][/td]

[td][/td]

[td][/td]

[tdThrusters[/td]

[td][/td]

[td][/td]

[td][/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

[table]

[tr][th]Device[/th]][th] Position [/th][th]Cost[/th] [th]Notes[/th][/tr]

[tr][td]Engine[/td][td]Tor [2][/td][td]-[/td][td]Generates 10 PP per turn[/td][td][/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Cockpit[/td][td]Tor [3][/td][td]-[/td][td]No ejection mechanism[/td][td][/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Weapon rack[/td][td]Tor [4][/td][td]-[/td][td]Holds Heat Axe or Assault Rifle when not in use[/td][td][/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Shield[/td][td]Arm [2r][/td][td]-[/td][td]Passive shoulder shield[/td][td][/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Sensors[/td][td]Hea [2][/td][td]-[/td][td]All rolls Difficult if destroyed[/td][td][/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Thrusters[/td][td]Tor[/td][td]2PP/turn[/td][td]Twin thrusters on back[/td][td][/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Thrusters[/td][td]Leg[/td][td]1PP/rnd ea.[/td][td]Foot thrusters, no handling bonus[/td][td][/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Grenade rack[/td][td]Tor [5][/td][td][/td][td]Holds grenade when not in use[/td][td][/td][/tr]

[/table]

[table]

[tr][th]Weapon[/th]][th] Position [/th][th]Type[/th][th]Damage[/th][th] Range[/th][th]Cost/Ammo[/th] [th]Notes[/th][th]Config[/th[/tr]

[tr][td]Brawl[/td][td] -[/td][td] Brawl [/td][td]1d4[/td][td]close[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]280mm Rocket Launcher[/td][td]Arm [1r][/td][td]explo[/td][td]2d6[/td][td]15 [L] [/td][td]6[/td][td][/td][/tr]

[tr][td]120mm Assault rifle[/td][td]Arm [1r][/td][td]kinetic[/td][td]1d8[/td][td]10 [M] [/td][td]10 bursts[/td][td]Burst, aim, impale[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Heat Axe[/td][td]Arm [1r][/td][td]melee[/td][td]1d8+1[/td][td]close[/td][td][/td][td]Additional (+1) damage is Heat[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Grenade[/td][td]Arm [1r][/td][td]explo[/td][td] 1d8[/td][td]thrown [/td][td]1 (in rack)[/td][td][opt]Area damage[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Leg Missiles[/td][td]Leg [2t][/td][td]explo[/td][td]1d6[/td][td]8 [M][/td][td]3 each[/td][td][opt][/td][/tr]

[/table]

Each Mobile Suit carries either a Rocket Launcher or an Assault rifle, and optionally a Heat Axe on the back rack. In extreme cases the MS can enter combat with the axe only. The grenades and rocket racks are optional equipment used only on the ground.

Aaaaand....

RX-77 Guncannon

[table]

[tr][th]gcan10.jpg&altez=150&scritta=Encirobot.com%20-%20%A9%20Sotsu%20Agency,%20Nagoya%20TV,%20Nippon%20Sunrise[/th][/tr]

[/table]

Here is the first attempt at building a real Mobile Suit by the Earth Federation.... just one step away from the Real Thing.

[table]

[tr][th]STR[/th][th]SIZ[/th][th]POW[/th][th]DEX[/th][th]APP[/th][th]DB[/th][th]MOV[/th][th]Armour[/th][/tr]

[tr][th]76[/th][th]87[/th][th]138[/th][th]-[/th][th]-[/th][th]+1d4[/th][th]5[/th][th]4 [2 Energy][/th][/tr]

[/table]

MOV is 10 in space

[table]

[tr]

[th]Location[/th]

[td]R Leg[/td]

[td]L Leg[/td]

[td]Torso[/td]

[td]R Arm[/td]

[td]L Arm[/td]

[td]Head[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[th]Melee[/th]

[td]01-04[/td]

[td]05-08[/td]

[td]09-12[/td]

[td]13-15[/td]

[td]16-18[/td]

[td]19-20[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[th]Missile[/th]

[td]01-03[/td]

[td]04-06[/td]

[td]07-15[/td]

[td]16-17[/td]

[td]18-19[/td]

[td]20[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[th]AP[/th]

[td]4[/td]

[td]4[/td]

[td]4[/td]

[td]4[/td]

[td]4[/td]

[td]4[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[th]HP[/th]

[td]3[/td]

[td]3[/td]

[td]5[/td]

[td]3[/td]

[td]3[/td]

[td]3[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[th]Sections[/th]

[td]Thruster [/td]

[td]Thruster [/td]

[td]Engine [2],[/td]

[td][/td]

[td][/td]

[td]Sensors [2][/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td][/td]

[td][/td]

[td][/td]

[td]Core block [3][/td]

[td][/td]

[td][/td]

[td][/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td][/td]

[td][/td]

[td][/td]

[td]Cannons [4,5][/td]

[td][/td]

[td][/td]

[td][/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td][/td]

[td][/td]

[td][/td]

[td]Thrusters[/td]

[td][/td]

[td][/td]

[td][/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

[table]

[tr][th]Device[/th]][th] Position [/th][th]Cost[/th] [th]Notes[/th][/tr]

[tr][td]Engine[/td][td]Tor [2][/td][td]-[/td][td]Generates 14 PP per turn[/td][td][/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Core block[/td][td]Tor [3][/td][td]-[/td][td]Ejection mechanism, changes into Core Fighter[/td][td][/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Weapon rack[/td][td]Tor [6][/td][td]-[/td][td]Holds Rifle when not in use[/td][td][/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Sensors[/td][td]Hea [2][/td][td]-[/td][td]All rolls Difficult if destroyed[/td][td][/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Thrusters[/td][td]Tor[/td][td]2PP/turn[/td][td]Twin thrusters on back[/td][td][/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Thrusters[/td][td]Leg[/td][td]1PP/rnd ea.[/td][td]Foot thrusters, no handling bonus[/td][td][/td][/tr]

[/table]

[table]

[tr][th]Weapon[/th]][th] Position [/th][th]Type[/th][th]Damage[/th][th] Range[/th][th]Cost/Ammo[/th] [th]Notes[/th][th]Config[/th[/tr]

[tr][td]Brawl[/td][td] -[/td][td] Brawl [/td][td]1d4[/td][td]close[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]60mm Vulcan[/td][td]Hea [2][/td][td]kinetic[/td][td] 1d4[/td][td]6 [/td][td]5 bursts[/td][td]Burst, impale[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]240mm Shouder Cannons[/td][td]Tor [4,5][/td][td]kinetic[/td][td]1d10[/td][td]15 [L] [/td][td]20 each[/td][td]Twin[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Beam rifle[/td][td]Arm [1r][/td][td]energy[/td][td]1d8[/td][td]10 [M] [/td][td]20 rnds[/td][td]Aim, impale[/td][/tr]

[/table]

Edited by RosenMcStern
Forgot shield on Zaku

Proud member of the Evil CompetitionTM

I doubt any of these designs will be in the Mecha Book. Not that he wouldn't want to, but Rosen would have to secure a lot of licenses to do something like that.

You need a license to write the stat block of an existing character, even if you don't replicate existing material? Is the name that you cannot use without a license? If this is how thing are, maybe it would be possible to substitute the names with short descriptions like: "Primary configuration of a giant robot made up of three vehicles (able to combine into two other configurations fit for underground and underwater environments), able to fly due to its long cloak-like wings, and to fight with simple and double karate kicks, blades protruding from its forearms, two throwable axes that return to the thrower, and a powerful energy beam".

The reasons why they are posted here is to release them as somehow "fan made", as I cannot do them officially.

I see. What about gathering them together in a pdf for the download section?

There are two such descriptions in Mecha, and this will be all. I cannot fill a book with nonofficial stats and demand that no one bothers.

That's a sensible idea, then. So, what mechas have you chosen for the book? The two you consider the most iconic, or two that illustrate the range of options the system offers?

I see. What about gathering them together in a pdf for the download section?

It would be the equivalente of the Star Wars PDF released for RuneQuest 6. And that one was considered dangerous. Since I can guess who told Loz it was dangerous, and he is definitely competent about the subject, I will just say "not going to happen, sorry".

That's a sensible idea, then. So, what mechas have you chosen for the book? The two you consider the most iconic, or two that illustrate the range of options the system offers?

The first one I have already posted three months ago. The second one is called "Gozinda" in the book, so you can easily guess.

In the meanwhile, Guillermo Del Toro has managed to do me a really big favour with that trailer! I guess big robots will be a hit in 2013.

Proud member of the Evil CompetitionTM

The second one is called "Gozinda" in the book, so you can easily guess.

Man: Run! It's Godzilla!

Man 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEJm0uIVwUc.

Man: Still, we should run like it is Godzilla!

Man 2: Though it isn't.

In the meanwhile, Guillermo Del Toro has managed to do me a really big favour with that trailer! I guess big robots will be a hit in 2013.

Do it:

Funny, you sould mention GOdfzilla.

One thing I realized early on when writing ip stats for Kaiju was that I couldn't put if together into a nice and pretty PDF for just such reasons.

Now most companies probably won't go ape over a write-up or two, it's bad business to go after your fanbase, but an unofficial campaign book is another matter. It's doubly dangerous if there is a company out there with a RPG licenses for said setting. I think that's what really killed RQ6 Star Wars. While Lucasfilm might or might not have done something about an unofficial Star Wars RPG, Fantasy Flight Games probably would take action.

Years ago, one of the sticking points in the Star Trek license between FASA and Paramount was Star Fleet Battles.

Chaos stalks my world, but she's a big girl and can take of herself.

Been watching Mobile Suit Gundam: The Movie this week. Suddenly realized your Robot #1 was what the bad guy spies/saboteurs were driving. Thanks! Note to self: Combat aboard an orbital L5 colony is a really bad idea for all concerned. Take it outside, buddy!

You do realize that the publication of BRP Mecha could tip the balance of everyone's Call of Cthulhu campaigns? No more worrying about it; when The Stars are Right, mankind will refuse to give up the Earth without a fight! No matter what happens to the regular military, some hot-headed college kid or group of giggly tweener girls will manage to scramble into the cockpit(s) of the nation's latest experimental fighting vehicle(s) to give the aliens some well-deserved pain and suffering. ;D