The Blade of Takshaka for Swords of Cydoria is Essentially Finished

The Blade of Takshaka is Essentially Finished

aero-chase.jpg

I have completed working on my urban scenario The Blade of Takshaka for Swords of Cydoria. It's laid out, it's edited, it's illustrated. It's done!

It's 52 pages with five chapters and four appendices. It has a drawing room role-playing mystery; a thrilling chase; a dungeon crawl with a jelly-blob, a giant octopus, and albino alligators; more role-playing with a group of intelligent rats; infiltrating an evil snake cult; and an optional raid/infiltration against a well-guarded penthouse mansion!

The only thing I haven't done is playtest it. Playtesting it might result in a future revision of some monster stats to make them tougher or weaker, or a slight revision to the story to cover any plot holes or logical fallacies I may have missed.

I also want to change some text on one of the maps from black to grey, and maybe add one or two more illustrations.

If anyone would like a copy of this module to playtest and provide feedback, please let me know. I will provide it free of charge and will incorporate your feedback and add your name to the credits.

I also haven't figured out how I want to monetize this. I'm thinking of just releasing it into the wild and asking for donations to encourage me to create future works.

I don't think I want to go the monograph route again.

One can see more previews and updates about this on my Swords of Cydoria blog at http://cydoria.blogspot.com/

Christian Conkle

Blogs: Geek Rampage! - Swords of Cydoria - Exiled in Eris

I just downloaded some comics that were created by professionals (online only distribution and on a donation basis). The creators seem very happy with how the "pay us what you think they are worth" approach has worked and they are using the money to continue making more issues.

Panelsyndicate

I think a similar approach would work for many RPG projects. Of course, having never recieved my copy of Swords of Cydoria from Chaosium might be clouding my perspective on this.

Edited by ORtrail

It's pretty much the only way as this is a completely unauthorized unofficial not-a-BRP product. In fact, I should probably remove any reference to BRP in the text.

In any case, it will be free. Any donations made to me will be completely unconnected.

I just realized it needs a cover too.

Christian Conkle

Okay, I've decided to make the link publically available. Though it doesn't have a front or back cover yet.

To download:

http://www.mecha.com/~conkle/cydoria/blade.pdf

I welcome feedback and suggestions.

On a completely unrelated topic, anyone wishing to give me a paypal donation to encourage me to produce more free sourcebooks can do so at my blog:

Swords of Cydoria

Christian Conkle

Ok.

Number A. You're awesome and so is your book. I was going to lament about having just started a campaign and not really being in a situation to help. But you blew the whole thing up and posted the document, you crazy animal! Thank you.

Number 2. Do you still want feedback? Because I actually do think I can swing a few sessions with just one player.

Number 3. Lithos Pro Black! I love that font. Thanks for reminding me of the name.

Number the fourth. You'll have my money.

70/420

• 1 year later...

Thanks Evischemer,

I'm about to start running a Swords of Cydoria campaign so this will definitely help. I've got another adventure I've made up and there's the one in the book too. I've also made a donation on your blog. I'll send you some feedback when we play this.

• 2 weeks later...