New release of Parpuzio (with the BRP Mecha fate rules made OGL)

RosenMcStern

Taking advantage of some holiday time (the last for some months) I have released a new version of Parpuzio Game System.

It is still an intermediate version with many elements of which will be subject to change and revision. But it contains the Fate/Motivation Rules from BRP Mecha, thus made OGL and available for general use. These rules are playtested and definitely stable (as stable as a rpg rule can be, of course), so they may certainly be useful to someone.

Here is the link- Have fun.

Proud member of the Evil CompetitionTM

... it contains the Fate/Motivation Rules from BRP Mecha...

Could you say just a touch more about these?

Are you talking about something similar to the "FATE" rules' Aspects/Compels/Fate-points?

Thanks!

C'es ne pas un .sig

You can go to the Parpuzio section in other forums and download them to check by yourself. In any case, there are similarities with fate but also big differences.

Thanks! I realize that I can go D/L the doc -- your OP mentioned it.

Frankly, I wanted to know a bit more, to know if it was worth my own time to do so: I don't really have time to deal with RPGstuff not to my taste. It's far too easy for me, these days, to waste ALL my available gaming time on stuff that -- while possibly quite wonderful for others -- is, well, a waste of my time (tastes and interests vary, after all).

So -- a BRP/Mecha flavored "fate" mechanic similar to -- but also very different from -- the "FATE RPG" fate-point mechanic. Sounds like it IS worth my time (and presumably, NOT worth some others' time... that being the nature of the beast). :7

C'es ne pas un .sig