Funniest thing that ever...

Joseph Paul

happened in a BRP game.

We have some time to kill until BRP gets here why don't we reminisce about good times with the various iterations of BRP?

In an RQ3 non-Gloranthan campaign we were attacked by a giant ape thing. Managing to get behind it my character leapt upon it's back and proceeded to stab it in the head. The ape got to act first and swatted me from his back. Unfortunately for him he also drove my short sword clean into his own ear! The GM did a great job with facial expressions of the ape.

Joseph Paul

Joseph Paul

"Nothing partys like a rental" explains the enduring popularity of prostitution.:eek:

I once included a felinoid race, with which I graced a very generous DEX stat, something like 1D6+15. The first one in the game never made any sort of climb, jump, or DEX save in the next session. The characters were ambushing some bad guys in the bottom of a ravine and the cat was up above and climbing higher for some reason. He failed the climb roll, failed the DEX save and blew the ambush because he sledded past the bad guys on a sheet of shale rock, which needless to say alerted them something was up.

No sarcasm intended - just some teasing in good fun. I apologise if I offended.

With your cat related forum names and cat herding references I take it you fancy felines a bit, so the felinoid race bit seemed right "in character" so to speak.

There isn't a whole lot meaningful to talk about regarding the upcoming BRP yet, but if you know me you'll realise that rarely stops me from posting. ;)

Help kill a Trollkin here.

I once ran a RQ game where one of the pc's had a character that had a couple of incredibly lucky rolls when attacking with a dagger, managed to kill baddies which would have normally been quite tough ( honest rolls as well ) The character became firmly convinced that said dagger was enchanted in some manner and on the next combat said something along the lines of " hey lads, watch this" and leapt into action......at which point he fumbled, snapped the dagger and was left surrounded by his foes :D

he actually survived due to the staunch support of his comrades and some handy healing magic.

I on ce ran an RQ game where the group decided to conduct a frontal assault of an enemy fort (yeah, they were D&Ders). The one guy who refused to charge, and instead were given the task of providing missile support.

During the charge, several of the group get hit, and one guy can't run anymore. A few turns and volleys later, the intrepid band reaches the gates.

"Hey, they barred the gates!"

What was left of the group fell from the arrow shot into their back as they fled.

Now for the really funny bit...

The guys inside the fort decide to send someone out to grab the bodies, find some survivors, and figure out just why these guys ran up and around the fort. The gates open and two men head towards the folloen bodies. At the time the last PC (the one who was supposed to provide missile cover against a fort), takes a shot at one of the men coming out of the fort. He missed, but the guys h9igh tailed it back to the fort. The defenders assumed that the whole frontal attack was actually a clever trap to get them to open the gate, and that the PCs were prsioners or other expendables.

Come nightfall, the last PC standing managed to sneak up, and heal the survivors.

The player would comment for years how it was the only time he saved the party by missing.

Chaos stalks my world, but she's a big girl and can take of herself.

In the vein of failed Dex rolls, we had a sorcerer in our group who fell into every body of water that we attempted to cross. He quickly gained the title "The Soggy Mage". He is actually rather powerful now, but he still falls in the random pond every once in a while.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Bertrand Russell (1872 - 1970)

30/420

Dave (just Dave) and some supporting cast ;) are tracking missing villagers who were last seen gathering food.

They find the villagers, and a cliff toad.

The cliff toad chooses that moment to snap up a pretty girl.

Dave drops his sword and shield (!) and charges the cliff toad barehanded.

Dave dives into the creature's mouth to rescue the girl.

Dave spends a few weeks healing from this attempt, but the grateful villagers see to his every need while he's recuperating.

From that moment on, Dave can be counted upon to do the most heroic thing possible in every situation.

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."

George Carlin (1937 - 2008)

(92/420)

CoC game, had a player who lost it and gained a permanent phobia...fear of guns. So he started carrying around a bandoleer of hand grenades.

ROBOTECH game. Has a character get trapped in a disabled Valkyrie and developed a phobia of dark places.

It eventually led to a situation where he paniced and fired off around 40 missiles....because it was dark out.

Chaos stalks my world, but she's a big girl and can take of herself.

My character Lugger, a INT 8 trollkin with a common sense skill of 40%, was exploring Fjallhallenberg Castle with Gavlin, a dwarf who had saved his life on numerous occations before (with DIs on a couple of occations too).

During a relatively easy fight, Lugger fumbles and hits nearest friend for critical damage. With his shortsword with Firesword Deluxe cast on it, he choppes off the top of Gavlin's head.

Horrified, glues Gavlin's head back on, and DI to Zorak Zoran to resurrect him (failing his common sense roll). Gavlin's wakes up, but seems a bit brain damaged - and Lugger have to tell him what to do in the start. When the other members in the group wanted to take Gavlin's stuff (he was carrrying Iron ringmail and plate, Mostal's spare axe, and extreme amounts of matrixes, crystals and other magic), Lugger had to tell him to kill anyone who tried to steal from him. After some weeks of having to be told what to, he seemed to be back to normal.

His player was pissed as h*ll!

Gavlin Grudgemaker, an automated Zorani Zombie with an extensive set of embedded commands, is currently the innkeeper of Alastor's Skull Inn in the Big Rubble.

Ef plest master, this mighty fine grub!
b1.gif 116/420. High Priest.

My character Lugger, a INT 8 trollkin with a common sense skill of 40%, was exploring Fjallhallenberg Castle with Gavlin, a dwarf who had saved his life on numerous occations before (with DIs on a couple of occations too).

During a relatively easy fight, Lugger fumbles and hits nearest friend for critical damage. With his shortsword with Firesword Deluxe cast on it, he choppes off the top of Gavlin's head.

Horrified, glues Gavlin's head back on, and DI to Zorak Zoran to resurrect him (failing his common sense roll). Gavlin's wakes up, but seems a bit brain damaged - and Lugger have to tell him what to do in the start. When the other members in the group wanted to take Gavlin's stuff (he was carrrying Iron ringmail and plate, Mostal's spare axe, and extreme amounts of matrixes, crystals and other magic), Lugger had to tell him to kill anyone who tried to steal from him. After some weeks of having to be told what to, he seemed to be back to normal.

His player was pissed as h*ll!

Gavlin Grudgemaker, an automated Zorani Zombie with an extensive set of embedded commands, is currently the innkeeper of Alastor's Skull Inn in the Big Rubble.

That rocks.

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."

George Carlin (1937 - 2008)

(92/420)

Our characters where cursed "to never know rest nor home", the upside of which meant that we could not die, as that would give us our final rest.

Later, while running from some tentacled horror, as is always prudent in CoC, my character was grabbed and squeezed until his body exploded into bloody chunks. Always thinking of others one of the party stopped and picked up a bloody chunk and took it with him. He then fed the chunk, by placing it in a small bowl of blood to start, until I grew back. The character was never quite right after that.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Bertrand Russell (1872 - 1970)

30/420