Who would Kick Ass?

Rurik

Who would win in a fight?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who would win in a fight?

• Cthulhu Mythos Elder Gods
    • Gloranthan Gods
    • I hate this stupid poll because it doesn't have what I really want to answer.

Gloranthan Gods. Just check stats for, saty, the lowley Crimson Bat against some of Cthulhu Mythos heavies.

I gotta go with the mythos for sheer badness.

The stat comparison doesn't really work for me. Different worlds. I'd stat the Elder Gods differently for Glorantha. The bat is statted out to be tough against the likes of Argrath. Cthulhu on the other hand is statted out to be tough on Bob the Janitor.

Help kill a Trollkin here.

Cthulhu is just a big Walktapus.

Gives us some gold ol' Glorantha magic and it's all Glorantha.

I don't even think it would take the Gloranthan dieties, the followers could do it.

Of course, if we allowed for the EC mythos, then I'd say an incarnation of the Eternal Champion would show up and win the fight.

Chaos stalks my world, but she's a big girl and can take of herself.

Glorantha has creatures so badass that their dreams are badass!

Uz would take turns riding Cthulhu to see who could stay on longest.

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."

George Carlin (1937 - 2008)

(92/420)

I've never seen stats of Cthulhu Mythos Gods. Anyone care to post some so I can compare?

Stormbringer had the best rules for combat with gods. They went something like this:

1. Gods were always polite and let the PCs go first.

2. PCs rolled and did their damage.

3. The gods then killed the PCs automatically.

Easy peasy.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here. 

In CoC the Outer Gods, Nyarlathotep, Hastur, etc. basically don't even notice humankind...we are ants. And it's a good thing. Great Cthulhu is a weak godling in comparison. It's not a case of who's the toughest, one of those gods notices you, you are history. Including any lesser 'god'; they are the ultimate power in the universe. Take Jehovah and make him evil and uncaring. Who do you think would 'win'?

They have attack 100%, death. You are permanently insane if you get real lucky and the 00 comes up...and that's just Cthulhu. Same goes for every other entity in the universe for the greater Mythos deities. No need for a poll.

Most of the time in CoC about all you can do is keep the crazy cultists from contacting them. Just hope they don't notice Glorantha and its gods, or Earth for that matter.

As for the EC gods, hey, one of the Mythos deities won the fight already...who do you think Stormbringer WAS, anyway? Process of elimination (no pun intended) the name has 12 letters and starts with an 'N'. 'I was ever more evil than thou', and he is often used as the messenger of the Outer Gods and is known to men by various names including 'Old Scratch'. An entity embodied in a sword designed to kill gods...

I've never seen stats of Cthulhu Mythos Gods. Anyone care to post some so I can compare?

Stormbringer had the best rules for combat with gods. They went something like this:

1. Gods were always polite and let the PCs go first.

2. PCs rolled and did their damage.

3. The gods then killed the PCs automatically.

Easy peasy.

I remember that there was a little more to it. Chaos gods attacked at 95% to give the PCs a "sporting chance".

"Oops, I missed. Aren't you the lucky one!. I guess that makes you twice as good as everyone else I fought today! Try to make your next attack count for something."

Cthulhu wouldn't stand a squids chance in a desert against Humakt the god who embodies Death and Truth. Monsters are not as powerful as concepts.

Concepts? What are you talking about? Humakt is the God of Death and Truth. Concepts have no power. Maybe the power to focus the meager power of mortals toward a common goal? That's not much.

Sinking to the Silly Level. Glorantha is an Egg, outside of which Chaos reigns. The Chaos gods did invade once before, and Storm Bull called down a massive block of solid law on their leader. End of battle.

Sure your average investigator is toast against even Cthuhlu, but how much chance does an adventurer have against a Gloranthan God? They would just rip your soul out of your body and have it for a snack.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Bertrand Russell (1872 - 1970)

30/420

Yeah, but there is a big difference between Cthulhu and the likes of Hastur and Azathoth.

True, it is possible that Wakboth was more on Cthulhu's level instead of Hastur or Azathoth. If that is the case then the Gloranthan gods are toast. ;)

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Bertrand Russell (1872 - 1970)

30/420

True, it is possible that Wakboth was more on Cthulhu's level instead of Hastur or Azathoth. If that is the case then the Gloranthan gods are toast. ;)

Nah, a half dozen or so Lunars would get together, conduct a little ritual....

...and the Red Goddess has some new associated cults!

But It is really comparing apples and oranges. If you go by just the fictional writings, then there is no answer. Sort of like who'd win in a fight between Captain America and Batman.

Yeah, bad analogy.

Here's a better one:

Superman vs Mighty Mouse.

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."

George Carlin (1937 - 2008)

(92/420)