BRP Interplanetary

Sirhc

Just dropping in becaue I was curious as to the status of this source book, which sounded like a great pulpy sword and planet/space opera resource. I know plans for BRP are kind of scattered, but I hope this eventually sees the light of day.

It might be a long time away.  Chaosium has more pressing priorities, Jason Durall (the author) had other commitments last I heard, and the nature of "BRP" will have changed by the time he gets back to it.

Frank

"Welcome to the hottest and fastest-growing hobby of, er, 1977." -- The Laundry RPG

Hi! 

I don't have a ton of time at the moment, but wanted to drop in, clarify some stuff, and offer some hope.

After BRP, I had to quietly put Interplanetary on a backburner for a number of reasons that should be obvious by now. I won't bother explaining all the details. That's in the past, and forward movement is better than reflection over what could have been.  

I had thoughts about publishing it with one of the other BRP-based publisher, but due to my limited bandwidth, other commitments, and life issues, I wasn't able to put forth much effort there. With the change in management at Chaosium, some of those options are no longer viable. 

On the other hand, I expect that the coming months/years will see me actively involved with Chaosium and BRP than any time in the past six years, so suddenly everything has changed. This might mean that it becomes a Chaosium release again, or I do something with one of the remaining licensees. 

And in one of those crazy side coincidences, I may also be working with Modiphius on their upcoming John Carter of Mars RPG, which treads the same alien path. In the worst case, Interplanetary will get cannibalized for that product. However, I suspect strongly that Interplantary will see the light of day sometime in the future, with that title, and for the BRP game system. 

• Like 15

"John Carter! We live!"

Thanks for the word, Jason! Most excellent things to hope for :-)

Cheers!

Present home-port: home-brew BRP/OQ SRD variant; past ports-of-call: SB '81, RQIII '84, BGB '08, RQIV(Mythras) '12,  MW '15, and OQ '17

BGB BRP: 0 edition: 20/420; .pdf edition: 06/11/08; 1st edition: 06/13/08

Sirhc,

Check this thread out. It's an old one, but it's from when Interplanetary was a serious soon-to-see possibility. Its got loads of info on what Jason envisioned for the supplement/setting.

Cheers!

Present home-port: home-brew BRP/OQ SRD variant; past ports-of-call: SB '81, RQIII '84, BGB '08, RQIV(Mythras) '12,  MW '15, and OQ '17

BGB BRP: 0 edition: 20/420; .pdf edition: 06/11/08; 1st edition: 06/13/08