New to CoC, how to get print books?

daddystabz

I never was into CoC in my long, storied RPG career.  = )

I have friends though that are big fans and I finally started taking a look at it now that 7e has hit but I missed the Kickstarter.  What is the best/quickest way for me to try to find print copies of the books? GenCon? Preorder somewhere? And also, will they likely include the set in the slipcase? The slipcase with the 2 books and GM screen looks really nice.

Yes they don't seem to be available in print form yet on Chaosium's webstore. Not far away I  guess, given that Kickstarter backers have received them this month, and the first wave of pre-order customers are also receiving copies which were ordered by Backerkit.

Hopefully you won't have long to wait for general release. The books look great, and if you can find them with the slipcase it's a really nice product. Even without the slipcase you'll be likely to be happy with them in your collection.

I would also order the hardcover Pulp Cthulhu book to go alongside the others when it is released (also not too far away)

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

1 hour ago, Mankcam said:

Yes they don't seem to be available in print form yet on Chaosium's webstore. Not far away I  guess, given that Kickstarter backers have received them this month, and the first wave of pre-order customers are also receiving copies which were ordered by Backerkit.

Hopefully you won't have long to wait for general release. The books look great, and if you can find them with the slipcase it's a really nice product. Even without the slipcase you'll be likely to be happy with them in your collection.

I would also order the hardcover Pulp Cthulhu book to go alongside the others when it is released (also not too far away)

The new edition and Pulp Cthulhu will be up for order on Chaosium.com before long, however new hard copies won't be available until the second shipments arrive in July. 

• Like 1

On 5/30/2016 at 5:59 PM, Rick Meints said:

Yes, it will be for sale our Booth #423 (Chaosium) at Gen Con.

Sweet, ty.  Will there be hardcover slipcase editions available too?

I live in Columbus, Ohio right near the Origins game fair.  Will Chaosium be at Origins? If so, whill CoC 7e be available there?

Edited by daddystabz

• 2 weeks later...