Hit Locations Rules.

Conrad

6 minutes ago, Conrad said:

Would it take a lot of work to get rid of the hit locations rules in Mythras? Has anyone tried this, and if you have do you have any tips on doing so?

I have to admit that I have no actual experience with Mythras' combat system, but in my view it should not be difficult to use general hit points instead of hit locations. One would only have to decide how to calculate the general hit points, as CON + SIZ could perhaps feel a bit high for an average human when not distributed among the hit locations, and there may be some specials effects (like for example Choose Location) which would no longer make much sense, but otherwise I do not see any major problems.

"Mind like parachute, function only when open."

(Charlie Chan)

It would be easy to change. But for me hit locations make combat so fun, I would suggest to try using The combat rules  as written before you get rid of the locations  as it brings a lot of depth in to the game without slowing it down.

This is exactly what I have done the last few days : ) I hope to include them as an option in BRP Space.

It wasn't too difficult, but it takes some consideration to get all the surrounding pieces right. I've been getting very good help from The Design Mechanism, and my limited playtests have worked out fine so far.

Apart from hit locations, I also reduced the number of special effects to make the choice easier for new players. Combats are still short and creative though.

• Like 1

1683589267_frostbyteloggaFsvarttiny2.jpg.22ebd7480630737e74be9c2c9ed8039f.jpg   FrostByte Books

M–SPACE   d100 Roleplaying in the Far Future

Odd Soot  Science Fiction Mystery in the 1920s

22 minutes ago, clarence said:

This is exactly what I have done the last few days : ) I hope to include them as an option in BRP Space.

Memo to myself: No need to deal with the hit locations problem, Clarence has done that already.  :)

• Like 2

"Mind like parachute, function only when open."

(Charlie Chan)

On ‎02‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 1:25 PM, Belgath said:

It would be easy to change. But for me hit locations make combat so fun, I would suggest to try using The combat rules  as written before you get rid of the locations  as it brings a lot of depth in to the game without slowing it down.

I don't mind being the player in a game with hit location rules but I don't much like GMing them.

• Like 1
http://www.basicrps.com/core/BRP_quick_start.pdf A sense of humour and an imagination go a long way in roleplaying. ;)

On ‎02‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 3:07 PM, rust said:

Memo to myself: No need to deal with the hit locations problem, Clarence has done that already.  :)

I was looking for advice on adapting spells to alter them to handle generic hit points. :D

http://www.basicrps.com/core/BRP_quick_start.pdf A sense of humour and an imagination go a long way in roleplaying. ;)

I would use generic hit points ((CON+SIZ)/2) and localized "major wounds".

That is, you only roll hit location when a character loses more than X hit points in a single wound, X being a function of maximum hit points (max/2, for instance, or max x .4).

When a limb suffers damage >X, use the serious wounds rule to determine what happens. If it suffers more than Xx2, use the major wound rule instead.

Edit: question is, how long should it take for a wound to heal...

I would also reduce maximum hit points until the wound has been fully healed.

Edited by Mugen
  • Like 1