Ghostwriter

OpenQuest Basics in print?

So I have Deluxe in hardcover and wanted to get basics in softcover print as well, but there is no POD at DTRPG. Is there going to be one? I recall it used to available, but maybe I'm wrong. Or maybe there's another place I could get it? 

It is 2nd Ed, but it's the no art b&w version.

If you wait another week or so, the full colour illustrated version will be available via drivethrurpg.com.

Not yet. DriveThru changed their requirements for covers and so the cover failed the approval, which was annoying since it had passed before.

So fingers xed end of this week ;)

I'm currently sorting out what I'm doing with OpenQuest. In short its probably heading towards a 'refresh' later this year, so until I've sorted re-publishing OQ Basic's in print is very low on my to-do list

• Like 1

I am looking forward for the refresh. I don't want to get all ranty with my favourite fantasy RPG, but one thing I would hope to see are better illustrations. The art should be in full colour if is justified - if it really is very good. If it aims to be more retro and economic, then black and white is perfectly fine. Some times less is more. For example Burning Wheel (Gold edition) is one of the nicest black and white book I know. RuneQuest 6, Dragon Warriors as well.

• Like 1

Part of the refresh will be new and improved art ;)  One of the reasons why I'm taking my time with it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jux said:

Some times less is more. For example Burning Wheel (Gold edition) is one of the nicest black and white book I know. RuneQuest 6, Dragon Warriors as well.

I agree. I'm not a fan of rulebooks where the whims of the art director overwhelm practical use of the book. Most of my favorite games have black and white art... and relatively restrained layout. I love the cover art on Openquest, but I can't recall any particular bit of the interior art.

But I also know that some folks buy based on how a game looks... see reviews that go on and on about how 'beautiful' the book is and barely mention how the rules or how it plays.