When are the 7th Edition reprints due for release in the UK?

Simon

I'm new to the forum although I've been a long time fan of Call of Cthulhu.

As the title says, anyone know when the Keeper and Investigator book will re-appear on UK shelves?

I'm impressed that the first print run seems to have sold out in the UK in a couple of months but here we still haven't had a commercial release of the Investigator book. Impatient people (I.e me!) are - not literally - dying to know rough release dates.

Chaosium has copies and they ship from their warehouse in the UK so if you don't want to get it from your local FLGS you can order from them.

The first ship contained backers copies and a smaller amount for people who jumped on the wagon around March. The second shipment hit Lowestoft mid/early August and official store/retail release date was around the 21st August IIRC. 

Nigel

Thanks for that information. The two main games stores in London, one of which is Leisure Games, don't have the books in stock and don't know when they will be available. It seems Esdevium, the main UK distributor, don't know either so that August 21st date seems inaccurate considering it's mid September.

Are the books sitting in customs somewhere? Does Chaosium have an actual UK release date in mind? Interested and enquiring minds are keen to know.

I don't know if ESDEVIUM actually distribute Chaosium's stuff as they seem to never want to pick up anything whenever I've seen a smaller company try to get into UK distribution. I know of a number of rpg publishers who say that they never got any response to queries about being distributed by ESDEVIUM. AFAIR (based on MOB, Chaosium's VP, posting here) the worldwide release date was third week of August.

As I said before Chaosium ship from their European distribution hub in Exeter so buying direct will get you the books at UK shipping prices.

Nigel

Well, I've just ordered the Keeper Screen directly from Chaosium but I'm not sure it's cheaper than getting it from a shop.

The books really need to be available on Amazon UK at least to reach a wider audience; they're not at the moment. Also, the Keeper's book was widely available at the beginning of July through games shops such as Leisure Games; Petersen's Field Guide more recently. Not sure why the books aren't as widely available now - it doesn't feel like a world wide release. 

Esdevium has been shipped a large number of the 7th edition core items: Keeper Rulebook, Investigator handbook, Keeper screen pack, Nameless Horrors, and the Petersen Guide. They should have it in their warehouse by now. We don't have any control over what Esdevium does next with the stock, just as we have no control over which games stores stock our books. Going forward, the core items should remain in stock for years to come.

As for Amazon UK, they currently don't buy anything from us directly. I don't know if they buy from distributors like Esdevium.

I realize I am very biased, but if you want to buy the 7th edition books online, buy them from Chaosium.com and they will be shipped to you from our UK warehouse, at UK shipping rates. 

Hope that Helps,
Rick Meints - Chaosium, Inc.

Thanks for the update; looks like it's up to Esdevium now. Hopefully everything will be available through retail soon. 

I ordered the Keeper's screen directly from Chaosium today so I don't need convincing in that regard.

Edited by Simon

Might be a year or more as most of the folks who really want the books got them with the KS and recent second shipment. Don't know how many people are left  who might be buying the new books to use up any stocks necessitating a second, revised, printing in a short period of time

Nigel

There are only a few errata that made their way into the printed books because of the big crowdproofing during the Kickstarter. Of those that did get into the books, most are typos or formatting blips rather than actual errors.

See this thread for the errata that got into the printed books:

Current count is:

Keeper Book: 2 errors (entry for Dhole has 1 too many MP, missing asterisk note for Spear weapon), 8 format/typos

Investigator Book: 3 errors (Tribal Member EDU starting score, Butler/Maid skill list, Animal Trainer skill list), 5 format/typos

Petersen Guide: 0 errors, 1 inconsequential typo (if you even want to call it that)

Edited by groovyclam

As if on cue, Esdevium are finally releasing The Investigator's Handbook and the Keeper's screen for general sale this Monday (the 19th). Almost as if they read my mind - perhaps i'm a telepathic cultist of Hastur after all...

Edited by Simon
Wrong day

• 3 weeks later...