Prosthetic Tentacle for amputees now a reality.

Darius West

1 hour ago, EricW said:

Design looks really simple. You could probably make a version which could be worn over your hand at a game convention with a few weekends of swearing at your 3D printer, an Arduino and a stepper motor. Give it a bit of paint and it would look really creepy.

I would rather be interested in adding a limb for certain activities - a branch of prosthetics that has been underused. Replacing limbs is cyberpunk, adding limbs is creepy in other ways.

• Like 1

Telling how it is excessive verbis

10 hours ago, EricW said:

Design looks really simple. You could probably make a version which could be worn over your hand at a game convention with a few weekends of swearing at your 3D printer, an Arduino and a stepper motor. Give it a bit of paint and it would look really creepy.

*chuckle* well, go ahead and amputate then :)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, joggiwagga said:

It's more useful than most "hand" prosthetics, which is why hooks are generally more popular than a full "hand"

Yes...yes... soon all the amputees will have tentacles... then... when the hum... I mean we...  have the technology to regrow limbs using stem cells and genetic splicing... well... they won't want... hands... Now will they?  I already prefer hooks to meat ten... I mean... hands.  /|\(;,;)/|\

Edited by Darius West
  • Like 1

On 4/8/2017 at 1:31 AM, Joerg said:

I would rather be interested in adding a limb for certain activities - a branch of prosthetics that has been underused. Replacing limbs is cyberpunk, adding limbs is creepy in other ways.

TMI dude.  Keep your shokushu goukan out of my Cthulhu!    ;)

(but if that don't trigger some creepy visuals, I don't think anything will ... )   :blink:

C'es ne pas un .sig