Cult of Chaos seeking GMs for Free RPG Day!

MOB

Specifically, MOB wrote!  (nice catch, btw ... )

On 5/22/2017 at 6:59 AM, MOB said:

Note: rules for Free RPG Day prohibit playing the game before that date, Saturday June 17th 2018.

C'es ne pas un .sig

I ran this with 4 players. 3 of them were brand new to RuneQuest, Glorantha and BRP.

There were some question (multiple attacks and surprise mostly) but they enjoy the hell out of it. All are pretty curious about the final release and are interested in buying the books.

The other player has played RuneQuest since 2 edition and also love it. He found the Augmentation with the Runes a big plus to the ruleset 

All and all a complete success.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ajtheronin said:

I ran this with 4 players. 3 of them were brand new to RuneQuest, Glorantha and BRP.

There were some question (multiple attacks and surprise mostly) but they enjoy the hell out of it. All are pretty curious about the final release and are interested in buying the books.

The other player has played RuneQuest since 2 edition and also love it. He found the Augmentation with the Runes a big plus to the ruleset 

All and all a complete success.

Going to suck to have to wait until Christmas!

2 hours ago, ajtheronin said:

Well, the player with experience wants to continue the adventure we ran Saturday using RQ2.

I'm all for it but I need a character.

As I see it, your choices are

1) roll up an RQ2 character, and just GIVE them a distribution of runes/passions that are comparable to the ones the current PCs have, or

2) simply write one up that's comparable to the current ones, winging it with the numbers.

Nobody but Chaosium has chargen info.

4 hours ago, styopa said:

1) roll up an RQ2 character, and just GIVE them a distribution of runes/passions that are comparable to the ones the current PCs have, or

2) simply write one up that's comparable to the current ones, winging it with the numbers.

#1 should be relatively functional...

I think the "Design Blog" pages at Chaosium, plus the pre-gen PC's & sundry rules in the QS, and some attention to detail, will give you a mostly-compatible DIY approach.

C'es ne pas un .sig

13 hours ago, g33k said:

#1 should be relatively functional...

I think the "Design Blog" pages at Chaosium, plus the pre-gen PC's & sundry rules in the QS, and some attention to detail, will give you a mostly-compatible DIY approach.

It's just a demo game, not like the extra toon has to be perfectly rules-consistent anyway, just equitable.

19 hours ago, styopa said:

Yep #1 seem the way to go, I'm tempted to run the Borderlands campaign but with a veneer of the QS, my only concern is teasing apart Rune Magic - also I think it fair to say that initiates need passions & Runes at 60%+ in relevant areas for membership