Cult of Chaos seeking GMs for Free RPG Day!

MOB

For Free RPG Day (June 17) we are seeking Gamemasters to run "The Broken Tower", the new adventure that comes as part of the RuneQuest Quickstart

We'd like you to pair up with a participating Friendly Local Game Store, or if there isn't one near you, any FLGS that's willing to let you run a game that weekend. 

You need to run at least one table of the adventure (runs 4-5 hours). 

In return, we'll grant you access to a PDF of the rules and adventure in the week before Free RPG Day, which you need to study and absorb in order to run a great game at the game store. 

Familiarity with any previous version of RuneQuest or BRP-based system would be helpful, but our 48 page booklet has everything you need to GM the session, including 5 pregen characters.

Note: rules for Free RPG Day prohibit playing the game before that date, Saturday June 17th 2018 2017 (oops)

Here's What To Do If You Want To Take Part!

• Find a retailer, preferably a participating FLGS, but you can play the game at any game store or similar venue.
  • Contact them about running this adventure that weekend (June 17-18).
  • Email Todd Gardiner, Chaosium's Director of Organized Play with the store details. While your at it, if you haven't done so already join the Cult of Chaos, our organized play and GM program (it's free).
  • Todd will contact the store to confirm your table reservation and then add you to our GM team!
  • The week before Free RPG Day you'll get sent the RuneQuest Quickstart PDF 

17103460_10155269571164750_6705041242541513516_n.jpg.df07657c1ac7de49a6cdbb749a2844f6.jpg

Edited by MOB
fixed date!
  • Like 3

Since we have not seen the rules yet, can we ask about the use of miniatures? I know what I have done in the past, but is there an official rule or sidebar (1 sqaure or hex =1m etc..)

A lot of the new players will likely come from that background so minis will make it more familiar to them. I will use minis regardless, just wanted to get a heads up on the official (if there is one)( rule.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Its 2300hrs, do you know where your super dreadnoughts are?

http://reigndragonpressblog.blogspot.com/

The Source Comics & Games, Roseville MN (St Paul)

4pm, 6/17.

Already have at least 1 seat filled (out of 5 pre-gens), as well as a possible 1-2 more (my sons who'd be eager to play IF we don't otherwise fill the chairs).

Come on & play!

• Like 1

I'm registered and have a table at Brookhurst Hobbies in Garden Grove, CA for Sunday June 18, noon - 4p. If anyone wants to attend, you can RSVP here with me. Just send me message. Looking forward to some good RQ fun. Thanks, Gil

I plan to run as much of it as I can... but possibly (hopefully?) transitioning to the larger Organized Play "campaign" that's been hinted-at.  At the least, I hope to run the Quickstart at the "other"  F-not-quite-Local-GS, some time after FreeRPGDay.

Edited by g33k
  • Like 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

I was planning on running this but sadly the 17th is also the date that Games Workshop is releasing the 8th edition of Warhammer 40K so the store is booked solid.

I will be running it at the store but I haven't got a date set for it yet.

Following our call for Game Masters, we're excited that over 60 people have volunteered. This means next weekend we'll have mythic adventures taking place in game stores all across the world, including the USA, Australia, Canada, England, Scotland, Wales, Germany, Sweden, Spain, France, Portugal and Puerto Rico.

Todd will be sending the GMs the PDF of the RuneQuest Quickstart shortly, so they can get themselves ready.

http://www.chaosium.com/blog/runequest-worldwide-for-free-rpg-day/

• Like 5

6 hours ago, 7Tigers said:

Nothing is indicated for France on the official site :(!
Any known address outside Trollune in Lyon?

You live in Troll-lune?  Is that the result of some misbegotten alliance between the Uz and the Red Emperor?

23 hours ago, styopa said:

You live in Troll-lune?  Is that the result of some misbegotten alliance between the Uz and the Red Emperor?

Must be on the Blue Moon Plateau.

• Like 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

1 hour ago, ajtheronin said:

Has anyone received the PDF yet? I may need to run this twice next Saturday but it would be cool to know how long the adventure is.

Check your spam folder and if you use GMail then check your Promotions folder. They have been sent

1 hour ago, ajtheronin said:

Has anyone received the PDF yet? I may need to run this twice next Saturday but it would be cool to know how long the adventure is.

Yes, personally received an email yesterday at 1:17pm downloaded today, and reading now.