M-Space Grenade Question

Opiyel

So my players have a couple of the force grenades in M Space. It gives a damage, but no radius or hit location. What would the radius of the grenade be? And would it hit all Hit Locations or just a random amount (like 1d3+1 or something)? Thanks for any answers.

• Like 1

well i dont know what books you have but there is reference to "The Spineapple tree" in Monster Island book which references the Death trap damage table from the Runequest 6.book. It basically says that if evade is failed everyone within 5 meter radius takes damage equal to the difficulty of the death trap table to a random hit location also automatically taking the bash special effect plus any other special effect rolled. damage is small 1d2-1d4  medium is  1d6 - 1d8 large is   1d10 - 2d6  huge is  1d8+1d6 - 2d8  enourmous is  1d10+1d10 - 2d10. (Where small medium large etc equals the size of the explosion.

On page 100 and 101 of the luther arkwright book it mentions weapon trait fragmentation. basically a fragmentation grenade radius is 2 meters, the person centered on the explosion takes full damage to all hit locations (my interpretation) and those within the radius take half damage to 1d3-1 hit locations. dont forget the weapon traits as well as special effects. thats just my 2 cents.

• Like 2

The two explosives in M-SPACE are:

Particle Grenade, Damage 3d8
Thermal Detonator, Damage 5d10

This is how I usually do it:

Splash/Area Effect: Roll full damage for targets within 1 metre of the explosion, to all locations. Damage is halved and affects one less location for every metre beyond the first. This means, in general you need to be 5 metres from the explosion to avoid serious damage. A successful Evade is possible if the target is aware of the incoming grenade (if thrown), halving the number of locations affected. Sorry for not being clear about all this in the rules.

For other options, like the Fragmentation trait, check this recent discussion on The Design Mechanism's forums:

http://designmechanism.freeforums.org/explosives-t2106.html

And make sure to get the free RQ Firearms PDF while you're there (if you don't have it already). It doesn't contain much in the way of explosives but a lot more about weapons in general.

• Like 1

1683589267_frostbyteloggaFsvarttiny2.jpg.22ebd7480630737e74be9c2c9ed8039f.jpg   FrostByte Books

M–SPACE   d100 Roleplaying in the Far Future

Odd Soot  Science Fiction Mystery in the 1920s

Those sound pretty good, thanks. I modeled the grenades after real world grenades so their kill radius is fairly large. But I like the idea of players being able to evade for less damage, and for the explosive to fall off. Works for me, thanks for the ideas! and only half an hour before game time :)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, heathd666 said:

well i dont know what books you have but there is reference to "The Spineapple tree" in Monster Island book which references the Death trap damage table from the Runequest 6.book. It basically says that if evade is failed everyone within 5 meter radius takes damage equal to the difficulty of the death trap table to a random hit location also automatically taking the bash special effect plus any other special effect rolled. damage is small 1d2-1d4  medium is  1d6 - 1d8 large is   1d10 - 2d6  huge is  1d8+1d6 - 2d8  enourmous is  1d10+1d10 - 2d10. (Where small medium large etc equals the size of the explosion.

On page 100 and 101 of the luther arkwright book it mentions weapon trait fragmentation. basically a fragmentation grenade radius is 2 meters, the person centered on the explosion takes full damage to all hit locations (my interpretation) and those within the radius take half damage to 1d3-1 hit locations. dont forget the weapon traits as well as special effects. thats just my 2 cents.

where were you when I was asking for the grenade information in the thread Clarence posted to just tell me "go to Monster Island... it will solve your problems, as always"? thank you! this is perfect, and pretty close to what I was handwaving anyways.

3 hours ago, Raleel said:

where were you when I was asking for the grenade information in the thread Clarence posted to just tell me "go to Monster Island... it will solve your problems, as always"? thank you! this is perfect, and pretty close to what I was handwaving anyways.

im kind of on the bench of sorts had surgery so i have to take it easy for a couple weeks so i have been tryig to read some of the pdfs i have on mythras so i can better have a understanding of it. to be honest i only know M-Space and dont know all of it yet :) i totally forgot about the design mechanism website i just registered there but have never posted anything there. also alot of the posts are duplicates from here or alot of the posts are duplicates from there.

• Like 2