How to stat a scorpionfolk Queen?

Guhakri

Hello everyone! I'm new to this forum. Does anyone know where to find stats for a Scorpionfolk Queen? If none exist, how can I make a regular one more queen-like? What kind of weapons and armor (if any) do they use?

Searching in Google, I found pictures of a scorpion queen with two tails - is this normal?

Many thanks

12 hours ago, Guhakri said:

Does anyone know where to find stats for a Scorpionfolk Queen? If none exist, how can I make a regular one more queen-like? What kind of weapons and armor (if any) do they use?

I found that one Scorpion Queen, K'Rana, was written up in the old RQ3 Lords of Terror book (who was an illuminated Scorpion Queen and Sword of Humakt - a very unusual occurrence).  To my knowledge, that's the only one.

For scorpionfolk, the adage is really "you are what you eat".  To become a Scorpion Queen, you have to challenge a current queen, win, and then eat her body.

To get to that point, start with a scorpionfolk figure.  She'll need to advance through the cult of Bagog, either as a shaman or a priestess.  Likely a powerful queen will have eaten a scorpionfolk from the other path, so she'll have the special Bagog rune magics (which you can find in either the old RQ2 Cults of Terror or RQ3 Lords of Terror), and an array of spirit magics.  If she advanced via the shamanic path, she will have a fetch as well, and likely an assortment of magically bound spirits.

Likely most Scorpion Queens will maintain power via the strength of their magics and spirits coupled with natural armor and weapons.  With minions to do her work and bring her food, she's going to be busy laying eggs to spawn new scorpionfolk.

12 hours ago, Guhakri said:

Searching in Google, I found pictures of a scorpion queen with two tails - is this normal?

No, but scorpionfolk are creatures of chaos, so you can certainly add to the terror of a given Scorpion Queen by providing some number of chaos features.

The Scorpion Queen pictured is Queen Gagix Two-Barb, the Chaos demigoddess who rules the Queendom of Jab above Larnste's Print.  She is probably the most powerful Scorpion Queen yet birthed.

17 hours ago, Guhakri said:

Hello everyone! I'm new to this forum. Does anyone know where to find stats for a Scorpionfolk Queen? If none exist, how can I make a regular one more queen-like? What kind of weapons and armor (if any) do they use?

A Scorpion Queen is a Priestess of Bagog, leader of her clan. So, she should have some Bagog Divine Magic, probably some Battle/Spirit/Common Magic, maybe an allied spirit and probably some chaos features.

If the Queen was reborn using the Ritual of rebirth, then she would retain the weapon skills that she had before the Rebirth, so could have any weapons. If she was born a Scorpionman then she would have rudimentary weaopns, meybe a club, spear or sword. Bagogi can use their magic to transform their arms into spears or claws, so she might not need other weapons. They all have a scorpion sting, so are deadly in combat.

They would have as much armour as they can get, normally through killing enemies. Scorpionmen don;t have a high level of technology, so wouldn't make their own weapons and armour. I suppose a transformed scorpionman who was originally a smith could make weapons and armour.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here