Dolutha

davecake

The Dolutha are shaping up to be a significant part of my Red Cow campaign, as one PC is from there, and the PCs have all decided friendship with the Dolutha is a goal. 

The campaign has very little about has very little about the incident in which  Orlmakt Nine-Winds breaks Ferfals Fire, the sacred spear of the Dolutha. My PCs would like to maybe track down Orlmakt, and maybe try to repair the spear somehow. Any suggestions? 

I'm currently thinking some sort of recreation of Ferfals defeat of the Grazers might feature. But possibly when they prepare for Grazers, ghouls might show up. 

Restoring the flaming spear that protected the clan? Sounds like a job for an Elmali. Bonus points if the Grazers do show up and identify a Loyal Thane on horseback as riding with Yu-Kargzant/Jardan then team up to fight the ghouls.

Edited by JonL
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, davecake said:

The campaign has very little about has very little about the incident in which  Orlmakt Nine-Winds breaks Ferfals Fire, the sacred spear of the Dolutha. My PCs would like to maybe track down Orlmakt.

He returns to the Red Cow and becomes one of the Housecarls in the Thunder Brothers Hall. See Volume 2 for more details.

Edited by M Helsdon

Orlmakt is covered in the Eleven Lights. The incident where the spear was broken was an accident during a diplomatic mission, but the Dolutha don't believe that. (BTW all credit to Simon Bray and Martin Hawley who originally created many of the Dolutha characters and their backstories). He is due to return in 1623, but before that he will be fighting either as a mercenary, or later as a rebel, in Dragon Pass. If you want the PCs to track him down early, nothing in the campaign will be compromised by that. I would use the opportunity of tracking him down to either introduce the PCs to one of the rebel leaders in the campaign who he is hiding with, or to give your PCs a trip further afield in search of where he is serving a mercenary company. Jonstown? The Grazelands? Pavis? Hendrikiland... 

Edited by Ian Cooper

Yes, Orlmakt appears much later, but I've only just started, it's still 1618, so he may appear much ahead of schedule (or not, if my players are disinclined to travel to track him down). 

The spear question is an interesting one. An Elmali flaming spear myth HeroQuest should figure in there somewhere.