Pregens?

richienvh

Hi all,

I have just finished the book and had a blast. Now, I'm dying to try it out in a one-shot with a group of friends. 

I was wondering if anyone had pregenerated characters and would be willing to share them. Even though I've read through the book, I am not so sure we would get 'it right' creating heroes of our own. Would be great if we could take a look at  someone else's characters before attempting to do that.

• 2 weeks later...

It really isn't that difficult to design 13A or 13G characters, once you've decided what class to play.

Here's four examples, starting off completely standard and getting a little more unusual:

Sartarite storm voice

STR 10 (+0) CON 17 (+3) DEX 14 (+2)
INT 12 (+1) WIS 13 (+1) CHA 19 (+4)

AC 15 (light) PD 14 MD 12
Recovery 1d8+3 hp 27

One Unique Thing: I am the last survivor of Kallyr Starbrow's heroquest to raise the Boat Planet, during which I left a piece of my soul on the hero plane. (And apparently took a few years to convalesce, afterwards.)
God: Orlanth
Runes: Air, Movement, Water
Backgrounds: Pre-Argrath Sartarite Rebel +5, Old Wind Mystic +3.

Survivor: 9 Recoveries; increase die by one size
Ritual Magic
Storm Summoner: Summoning spells usable daily
Umath's Violence: Spell frenzy once/day when escalation 1+
War Caster: +2 AC; Cast ranged spells freely while engaged; Spell damage uses CON not CHA
Feats: Lightning Fork, Umath's Violence

Melee: staff, attack +1, dmg 1d6, miss 1. 
Missile: thrown dagger, attack +3, dmg 1d6+2, miss 0.
Magic: attack +5 (v PD usually)

Typical Spells:
Sparks cantrip (3/day)
Wild Bolt (at will)
Lightning Fork (recharge 16)
Strike the Highest (recharge 11)
Summon Sylph (daily)

Esrolian earth priestess

STR 12 (+1) CON 15 (+2) DEX 14 (+2)
INT 10 (+0) WIS 19 (+4) CHA 15 (+2)

AC 15 PD 14 MD 15 (Esrolian bonuses applied)
Recovery 1d8+3 hp 24

One Unique Thing: I am an elf-friend and know secrets of the aldryami.
God: Ernalda
Runes: Earth, Harmony, Plant
Backgrounds: Serpent oracle +4, Green Woman of the woods +4

Ritual Magic
Higher Favors of the Earth: 2/battle, 1 daily blessing.
Keeper of Spirits: 1/day, force an enemy that hit you with an attack to reroll it at –4.  Also, minor earth spirits summoned with summon minor guardian cost no hp
Serpent Stories:  +1 death saves for party until 1st success of the day. Also, semi-supernatural snakes do 5 ongoing poison to enemies that attack her in melee with natural roll of either 1-5 or 15-20 (choose at each full heal-up).

Feats: Higher Favors, Serpent Stories

Melee: staff, attack +2, dmg 1d4+1, miss 0
Missile: thrown dagger, attack +3, dmg 1d3+2, miss 0
Magic: attack +5

Typical daily blessing
Blossoming Health: Until the end of this battle, target can spend a quick action (1/round) to heal 2d6 hp, as long as it’s not staggered.

Typical spells
Forbiddance (daily)
Summon minor guardian (at will)
Summon earth elemental (daily)

Intrigued by a feature of the world not prominent in 13G? Use your One Unique Thing to signal to the GM that you want it to be important.

Sartarite rebel

STR 10 (+0) CON 17 (+3) DEX 19 (+4)
INT 12 (+1) WIS 13 (+1) CHA 14 (+2)

AC 16 (light) PD 16 MD 12
Recovery 1d8+3 hp 27

One Unique Thing: I was with the army that destroyed the Temple of the Reaching Moon in Tarsh, and looted a statuette which now reappears in my possession no matter what I do to get rid of it.
God: Vinga
Runes: Air, Movement, Illusion
Backgrounds: Acrobat and performer +2, Expert treasure hunter +2, Former clan champion +2, Magical dilettante +2

Quick to Fight: roll twice for initiative
Momentum ; Opening Strike ; Transgress
Bravado
Tumble: +5 disengage; free disengage to avoid intercepts
Jack of Spells [13A bard talent]: Magic Missile (wizard) to get an infallible ranged attack (plus cantrips), unless something else looks needed.

Feats: Bravado, Tumble

Melee: shortsword, attack +5, dmg 1d8+4, miss 1.
Missile: thrown dagger, attack +5, dmg 1d6+4, miss 1.

Powers:
Flashy Blade
Freedom!
Sure Cut
Tumbling Strike

The bard talent isn't usually available to rebels, but is a reasonable substitute. After all, if the player didn't want to avoid the complications, she could multiclass as a bard (possibly moving her stats around some) and arguably come out more powerful.

troll necromancer / troll warrior multiclass

STR 17 (+3) CON 17 (+3) DEX 13 (+2)
INT 17 (+3) WIS 10 (+0) CHA 12 (+1)

AC 14 (light) PD 15 MD 13
Recovery 1d8+3 hp 27 (increases +3/combat/day)

One Unique Thing: I know an inner secret of Fire.
God: Zorak Zoran
Runes: Darkness, Disorder, Fire/Sky
Backgrounds: Surface-world hunter +3, Underworld sorcerer +4, Trollball tactician +1

Dark Walker / Big Eater
Troll Frenzy ; Survivor Tough
Ritual Magic
Deathknell. As a quick action, kill (reduce to 0 hp) nearby enemy with 5 hp or fewer, and heal 1d6 hp. Doesn’t work on mooks unless they’re last of their mob.
It's Complicated: +1 spell, rune complications 1-7
Unstoppable

Feat: Summoning

Melee: two-handed maul, attack +4, dmg 1d8+3, miss 1. 
Missile: thrown rock, attack +3, dmg 1d4+2, miss 0.
Magic: attack +3 (summoned creatures are at -1 attack)

Typical Spells:
Chant of Endings (at will)
Summon Undead (daily)
Unholy Blast (daily)
Zombie Form (daily, out of combat)

A multiclass that fits together surprisingly well, for a non-berserker ZZ

Craig, that troll necromancer/warrior is fun!

Jajagappa & Richie, I've got a set of five 3rd level human characters I'll post here later this week. They need some updating and correction to be fully useful.

These five are .... Humakti, Orlanthi warrior, rebel, storm voice, trickster. 

• Like 3

I like) all of these, except one thing...  specifically, one Unique Thing:

On 3/25/2018 at 12:34 PM, Craig N said:

Esrolian earth priestess

One Unique Thing: I am an elf-friend and know secrets of the aldryami.

As a Gloranthan GM, I'd be reluctant to let this broad a Thing be a Unique.  The only elf-friend who knows any of their secrets?   I grant that it's pretty rare... but Unique???

Maybe, "I am an elf-friend and know secrets unknown to any other non-aldryami."

• Like 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

g33k, there's differences of opinion on how Unique OUTs have to be -- in 13A proper, Jonathan Tweet mentions that "I'm extremely good-looking and get treated better than I probably should" is a perfectly workable OUT by his lights. That's the style I had in mind there.

It would be simple enough to rephrase it to make it fully unique, if the GM wanted: yours works, or you could be the only elf-friend in your tribe, or be the only non-aldryami ever brought to the inmost grove of the Arstola, and so forth and so on.

Rob, glad you liked my ZZ alternative to the berserker; it sprang to mind when I read the multiclass rules. (He's also another example of a less-unique OUT.) At higher levels, the $undead Form daily spells combine really well with troll warrior.

On 3/27/2018 at 4:05 PM, Craig N said:

g33k, there's differences of opinion on how Unique OUTs have to be -- in 13A proper, Jonathan Tweet mentions that "I'm extremely good-looking and get treated better than I probably should" is a perfectly workable OUT by his lights. That's the style I had in mind there.

Fair 'nuf!  I'm not deeply enmeshed in 13A by ANY means!

C'es ne pas un .sig

• 3 months later...

Hello! I just wanted to mention that I just put six third level human PCs into a Word file in the downloads folder here on BRP, called 13G_3rdLevelPregens_2018_BB 

These are characters we'll be using in the Next Valley over 13G demos at GenCon. Talents and powers and human cultural traits and feats and spells selected, and the attack math is worked out for people. One Unique Things and backgrounds and personal runes are waiting for players to choose. 

And given the conversation above in this thread, I should mention a paragraph I added to the GenCon demo material, something to make it easier for new players. 

We know that coming up with a One Unique Thing for a Gloranthan character is harder for people who don’t know the world. Feel free to encourage people to come up with one Very Interesting Thing for purposes of this demo, it can be a lot easier than being truly Unique and it will serve the same purpose, making the game more interesting and giving the player and GM hooks for the story.

• Thanks 2