Encounter Roleplay to stream the Premiere Twitch Event of RuneQuest—May 28th at 8pm EST!

MOB

1 hour ago, Paid a bod yn dwp said:

Had a chance to watch the recorded RuneQuest game. Well done Jeff & crew. Had my doubts about the live streaming medium, but you succeeded with an engaging story, that showed off the setting nicely. You all worked together really well & brought it alive. Great intro. There's some new art previews too which are wonderful....not long now!

IMHO Roll20 would have been a better mechanism.  Fantasy Ground has a CRAPTON of customization options ...but you have to put in the preptime, which didn't really seem to be in place for this.

19 minutes ago, styopa said:

IMHO Roll20 would have been a better mechanism.  Fantasy Ground has a CRAPTON of customization options ...but you have to put in the preptime, which didn't really seem to be in place for this.

I meant live streaming in general, as a spectator event. Having said that we've only ever used roll20 for our games. If that was fantasy ground they used, then I think it works better for presenting the game, particularly for a wider audience -  though I'm speaking as someone who hasn't really delved into customisable options, maybe there's more that roll20 can do?

Well I just watched or rather listened to the recording and though it was fun. I was sceptical about RPG's as a spectator sport but the gang was light heated and good fun so it was entertaining - I suppose the fact that cast were as new to the game as the audience helped. 

What might be interesting would be a few short clips showcasing combat, augmenting, spirit combat etc, which is what. I imagine, most would be interested to see how the mechanics actually work.

3 hours ago, Psullie said:

Well I just watched or rather listened to the recording and though it was fun. I was sceptical about RPG's as a spectator sport but the gang was light heated and good fun so it was entertaining - I suppose the fact that cast were as new to the game as the audience helped. 

What might be interesting would be a few short clips showcasing combat, augmenting, spirit combat etc, which is what. I imagine, most would be interested to see how the mechanics actually work.

Maybe Chaosium could do a few "tutorial" type videos, showing combat, sorcery, spirit combat, etc.  For something like that, it might be better to have all the people in one location, kinda like the Critical Role model.  

• MOB unfeatured and unpinned this topic