7th Edition Keeper's Rulebook - Background Layer?

barrelv

the more recent PDFs I've bought from Chaosium (like Masks...) have the ability to turn off the background layer. While it makes the PDF look more plain, it's much easier to read, especially if I need to print something for reference at the table.

It would be exceptional if this ability existed for the Keeper's Rulebook, especially for Chapter 16 for the rules summaries. I own a physical copy, but players aren't the most gentle creatures with physical media. Are there any plans to update the older PDFs like the Keeper's Rulebook to allow us to turn off the Background layer, or does anyone know a way to keep it from printing that I'm not aware of?

Thanks!

tried saving as Word and saving as Text first, no luck with either. I suspect it's something that would have to be done to the file on Chaosium's side to allow either of those (or I'd need something other than Acrobat Reader).

Thanks for the suggestion though!

If you bought the PDF from Chaosium, you could try the ePub (or mobi or prc, depending on what device you use) version of the book?  It’s much lighter on images.

Edited by Malc
Fixed the spell checker’s typo

On 7/9/2018 at 5:06 PM, Malc said:

If you bought the PDF from Chaosium, you could try the ePub (or mobi or prc, depending on what device you use) version of the book?  It’s much lighter on images.

Cool!  Thanks for sharing.  I will need to see if there is an iOS app as well...