Runequest Classic Character Sheet

Melkor

Hi all,

I am working on a character sheet for Runequest Classic.

Attached is the first version. I need to run it through its paces - Print it out, create a character, and see if anything is off, missing, or
needs would work better another way.

A couple of notes:

1) I kept with the same font and some of the same style as the original sheet in the RQC book wherever I could.
2) I love checkboxes.

Just thought I would post it here for feedback from any of you who have more experience with the system than I do.

Sample Image of Page 1 of 2:

20181006_215008_zpsc8k56zhe.jpg

Runequest_Classic_CS_v1.1.pdf

Edited by Melkor
Edited to add latest version of character sheet.
  • Like 3

'But the discord of Melkor rose in uproar and contended with it, and again there was a war of sound more violent than before, until many of the Ainur were dismayed and sang no longer, and Melkor had the mastery.'

Thanks!

I used Adobe InDesign to lay it out.

'But the discord of Melkor rose in uproar and contended with it, and again there was a war of sound more violent than before, until many of the Ainur were dismayed and sang no longer, and Melkor had the mastery.'

Character sheet updated to reflect some changes I thought would be better after creating a couple of characters.

Despite how it's generated and presented, Oratory is a single skill, not a category. I think it would be better if you put in an other skills section where your Oratory space is now, and put Oratory under that. Another thing is that the "mind" column in the spells should be a space, not a checkbox. It's supposed to show how many points of the spell you have readied in your mind at the time (you can adjust how many points you have ready if it's variable). 

Otherwise, it looks good!

Edited by Richard S.

Thank you for the feedback, thats what I was hoping for.

I'll wait to see if there are any more edits, and make corrections all at one time.

Edited by Melkor

Just to make sure, this is US Letter format, 8,5x11 inches, correct?

Once upon a time, I made up something like this for US Legal size paper, 8.5x14 inches, which gave me room to add entries for Butt, Bite, Punch, Kick Grapple, and Throw Rock, which I figured any humanoid could attack with even without weapons.  Unfortunately, I typed it up on an old manual typewriter with small font size that has been broken for a long time, and my xeroxes of xeroxes of xeroxes are almost unreadable, by now.  Nice to have a decent replacement.

On 9/22/2018 at 4:21 PM, Melkor said:

A couple of notes:

1) I kept with the same font and some of the same style as the original sheet in the RQC book wherever I could.
2) I love checkboxes.

I've go nothing to add about the core of the sheet, but as "I love painting my ugly B&W Sheet" I

1/ You could a bit of red to match the classic style ... And for God's sake, write your name BIG and RED...

image.thumb.png.f35138132c94622b7b7e6b63c571078f.png

2/ Check box are RuneQuest trademark, you should make them square because maniac player like me really like Square Check box ...(it's a maniac talk, don't really take it in account :p )

Apart form those minor details, It's a perfect Runequest Classic Sheet ! Great Job ! 👏

• Like 1

Yes, the sheet is 8.5" x 11".

Are the checkboxes not showing when you download and open the PDF? 

It's Zapf Dingbat font, and should show as checkboxes (see image in first post).

Edited by Melkor
  • Like 2