Dead Light hard copy/reprint

Steve

Dead Light sounds like an interesting scenario. Just wondering why it's only available in PDF, especially since it seems to have been written for 7e - it looks like it used to be available as a hard copy too.

Is this something that's being updated to the new publication template and will be back out in hard copy, or is it just PDF for the forseeable future and eBay (can't see any right now) for a hard copy version?

Edited by Steve
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, klecser said:

DriveThruRPG is still down for server maintenance but I'd be surprised if a POD copy of Deadlight wasn't possible.

Update: Deadlight is still available on Lulu.com as POD, but not at DTRPG.

It's probably a licensing thing. Chaosium probably allow DTRPG to sell the PDF but don't allow them to do POD.

Seems odd that a 7e scenario with good reviews is out of print with seemingly no news about a reprint. I'm hoping that it's one of the items that Rick Meints was referring to recently when he mentioned that a couple of CoC items were going to get updated to the new layout template.

Edited by Steve
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Damian said:

I’m new at collecting all of these. I’ve never heard of Lulu, are there other sites I could look for? I know Chaosium and DTRPG, but that’s it.

Lulu.com is where you can get copies of a lot of the Free RPG Day products.  For example, you can still get the Free RPG Day scenario The Derelict on Lulu.com (down to 4 USD + ship), but note that it was re-published in Petersen's Abominations.  You can also get the most recent FRPG release "Scritch Scratch" on Lulu.com.

I'm not sure why Chaosium does Lulu for just these products.  Perhaps licensing fees or diversifying platforms.

13 hours ago, klecser said:

Lulu.com is where you can get copies of a lot of the Free RPG Day products.  For example, you can still get the Free RPG Day scenario The Derelict on Lulu.com (down to 4 USD + ship), but note that it was re-published in Petersen's Abominations.  You can also get the most recent FRPG release "Scritch Scratch" on Lulu.com.

I'm not sure why Chaosium does Lulu for just these products.  Perhaps licensing fees or diversifying platforms.

Thanks, I appreciate that. I might just get Scritch Scratch. I already have Petersen’s Abominations mainly for “The Derelict” and “Hotel Hell” seems fun too.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Damian said:

Thanks, I appreciate that. I might just get Scritch Scratch. I already have Petersen’s Abominations mainly for “The Derelict” and “Hotel Hell” seems fun too.

It's a fun scenario. Definitely check it out. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...