Truestone

styopa

4 hours ago, Kloster said:

Are you speaking of the Gloranthan Classic one? The prices are the ones from RQ2, and the conversion rules for RQ2 to RQG show clearly that the value of cash is not the same. I have not checked the price list themselves, but I think the have been updated accordingly.

Yes, this is a good point.

The Heroquest edition. The prices have come waaaay down from previous editions and RQG has sensibly followed suit.

33 minutes ago, Kloster said:

OK. I don't have them, so can't comment.

Classics Pavis Book

Broad Sword 75L

Riding Bison 142L

War Zebra 1560L p67 but on p46 one costs 426L. The higher price must be the one for tourists ;)

HQ Pavis book

Sword 50L

Riding Bison 30L

War Zebra 210L

RQG

Broadsword 50L (that was surprisingly difficult to find)

Riding Bison 30L

War Zebra 210L

The fact that weapon prices in RQG are not listed in the equipment section or next to their stats is a bit strange.

Edited by Iskallor
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Crel said:

In an RQG Glorantha using your rule suggestions, how would you ballpark price Truestone or Adamant? Although this is obviously not the sort of thing you can just run on down to the marketplace and hand over coins for... For reference, 1ENC of unenchanted iron is 700L, and enough metal to make a broadsword. 1ENC of gold is 600L.

Sorry man, I'm RQ3 context...on that scale, I'd probably be somewhere around the price of iron?  Maybe?  In the west, likely it would be higher - around 800-1000.  *BUT* I think the unit-price would go UP with larger and larger chunks.  4 ENC of 0.5 ENC truestones might only be 2500p, but a single 4 ENC truestone would be easily double that.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Simply put, Truestone is a void that yearns to be filled. It comes from an ancient time, rooted in the destruction of the Spike. It is a time that is but a distant echo of today. When inevitably overwhelmed, some fill it with all manner of things magical and spiritual. Some pour into it their general knowledge, for that is how much it hungers to be filled. Once it has sated itself with something of significance it no longer seeks for anything else, for it is a fragment of an enigma and a tragedy of the past. These single opportunities to touch infinity are the magic of life. Such things will not pass our way again, nor stumble across our mundane ways to trifle with.

A shaman might gift it with all of their spirits. A sorcerer might entrust it with all their spells. When faced with the eternal, while still struggling with being mortal, the urge is nigh irresistible...

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Hope that Helps,
Rick Meints - Chaosium, Inc.