Can a shaman be a member in multiple cults at once?

Brootse

Can a shaman be eg. a shaman of Waha and also be a shaman of one or more spirit cults at the same time. I don't mean that a tribal shaman would worship Black Fang, but local spirits in some holy places in Prax. I don't think that it was expressly forbidden in RAW.

And if the shaman misses one week's worshipping rituals, or can't get enough worshippers some week, will the spirit be forever angry at the shaman?

I don't think there's a restriction established, although its discouraged by the availability of resources. Join and start as many Spirit Cults as you can.

As for the second part, ultimately it's up to the GM what will anger the spirit. Having it be based on a Week is overly restrictive, IMO, so you should be able to hash out an alternative so you can actually go on an extensive adventure. Maybe fob it off to an assistant, that's what they're for.

2 hours ago, Brootse said:

Can a shaman be eg. a shaman of Waha and also be a shaman of one or more spirit cults at the same time. I don't mean that a tribal shaman would worship Black Fang, but local spirits in some holy places in Prax. I don't think that it was expressly forbidden in RAW.

And if the shaman misses one week's worshipping rituals, or can't get enough worshippers some week, will the spirit be forever angry at the shaman?

I don't know for RQG, but in RQIII's Trollpack, Kyger Litor's shaman are encouraged to become also Daka Fal shamans, in order to become full shamans, so dual initiation was not forbidden.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Brootse said:

Can a shaman be eg. a shaman of Waha and also be a shaman of one or more spirit cults at the same time.

Yes, that's entirely the point of spirit cults.

I don't mean that a tribal shaman would worship Black Fang, but local spirits in some holy places in Prax. I don't think that it was expressly forbidden in RAW.

In the current mess of Pavis and the Rubble, I'd certainly allow a tribal shaman to join Black Fang as long as they fulfil the requirements.

For this relationship to continue, normal cult standards must hold.

The relationship ends. Being shaman is a full time job.

• Like 2

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

1 hour ago, David Scott said:

Yes, that's entirely the point of spirit cults.

In the current mess of Pavis and the Rubble, I'd certainly allow a tribal shaman to join Black Fang as long as they fulfil the requirements.

The relationship ends. Being shaman is a full time job.

Thanks!