Why don't we see 3rd Party RQG scenarios?

10baseT

This is something my gaming group and I were discussing, and wondering. With CoC, we see many 3rd party scenarios and there's the Miskatonic Library. In the old RQ days, we did see some stuff. But with RQG, it's not there nor have i heard anything (besides a potential RQG type of Miskatonic Library). Anyway, this isn't a complaint, just wondering.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

9 hours ago, 10baseT said:

But with RQG, it's not there nor have i heard anything (besides a potential RQG type of Miskatonic Library).

I don't know from where, but I recall an official-ish comment on these forums that something similar to the DM's Guild or the Miskatonic Repository was being set up. Who knows when. Hopefully then, the cup of scenarios shall runneth over. The gods know we need it.

My hunch is that a big challenge involved is basically licensing out Glorantha on the pseudo-OGL terms involved in something like Miskatonic, due to the high degree of integration RQG has with the setting. It's difficult to write setting-agnostic material. Further, my take on why there's such a great width of material for the above-mentioned sources is that you don't need to really negotiate licensing issues, etc; you can just write and go at your own pace, which attracts a good amount of independent authors looking to try their hand. (Naturally, this does mean that the quality of a random DM's Guild module, or similar, is never guaranteed...)

• Like 1

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my publications here. Disclaimer: affiliate link.

Social Media: Facebook Patreon Twitter Website