Pookie's RPG review...?

pookie

Pookie's RPG review?...—Bud of @BudsRPGreview pirates a Reviews from R’lyeh review of The Derelict: A Tale of Terror for Call of Cthulhu, the scenario by Sandy Petersen and Mike Mason for use with Call of Cthulhu, Seventh Edition, published by Chaosium, Inc. for Free RPG Day 2016.

https://youtu.be/BIGAEOw2PJQ

#reviewsfromrlyeh #rpgreview #rpgreviews #BudsRPGReview #PirateReview #rpg #horror #Chaosium #CallOfCthulhu #CoC7e #ModernEra #FreeRPGDay

• Like 3

1 minute ago, JonHook said:

The old adage of complementing through duplication. It sounds like Pookie suspects that the review pirates his previous work. Am I reading that wrong? 

Yes, completely.  This was a collaborative thing - I narrated the actual text of his review from back in 2016.  I assume he used the word "pirate" due to it being a ship at sea.  He published the text of my review on his blog.  Why would he be promoting it if he thought I had stolen his words?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bud's RPG review said:

Yes, completely.  This was a collaborative thing - I narrated the actual text of his review from back in 2016.  I assume he used the word "pirate" due to it being a ship at sea.  He published the text of my review on his blog.  Why would he be promoting it if he thought I had stolen his words?

Cool. Pookie's post was unclear to me. It read less like a promotion, and more like an alert to me. 

On 6/14/2019 at 4:59 PM, JonHook said:

Cool. Pookie's post was unclear to me. It read less like a promotion, and more like an alert to me. 

Jon,

Just to confirm that this was was an entirely a cross-promotion between myself and Bud done on last minute, ad hoc basis. You can read the text of his review of The Derelict on my blog here. My use of the word 'pirate' was deliberate and it was meant in an ironic sense, and not to indicate that Bud had purloined my review. (Note that if he had, I would not be posting using the same format that I do for all of my reviews and my language and tone would be very different.)

Edited by pookie
  • Like 3