New York Review of Science Fiction on Glorantha and Greg Stafford, who looked at RPGS and saw in them "the potential for actual art."

MOB

"Glorantha is one of the richest and most vivid created worlds in fantasy, a world where everything from the dirt to the stars is literally made of mythology... (Greg) Stafford did more to advance the art form of role-playing games, and in more roles—as publisher, designer, editor, world-crafter, and inspiration—than anyone else after Gygax and Arneson."
—EDITORIAL, The New York Review of Science Fiction, June 2019

https://www.nyrsf.com/2019/06/editorial-glorantha-another-magical-world.html

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

27 minutes ago, MOB said:

"Glorantha is one of the richest and most vivid created worlds in fantasy, a world where everything from the dirt to the stars is literally made of mythology... (Greg) Stafford did more to advance the art form of role-playing games, and in more roles—as publisher, designer, editor, world-crafter, and inspiration—than anyone else after Gygax and Arneson."

Holy crap, MOB. that is one serious review! I don't know whether to use my RQ G books to game or whether I should bronze them and put them in a place of honour on my trophy shelf.

Edited by Bill the barbarian
  • Like 4

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

11 hours ago, Bill the barbarian said:

Holy crap, MOB. that is one serious review! I don't know whether to use my RQ G books to game or whether I should bronze them and put them in a place of honour on my trophy shelf.

The RQG core is for gaming.

Only bronze the Guide if you are being chintzy... Most of us are having ours photoengraved onto gold-leaf scrolls.

• Like 4

C'es ne pas un .sig