Pendragon RPG online

I'm sure we have all experienced this problem. Gamers that enjoy RPGs but don't share the passion of a certain game. Pandragon is a bit like this, it requires players that enjoy the setting, its not a hack and slash dungeon crawl with loads of monsters in each room and only the bare essence of a story-line, its a deep and rich setting with just as much effort in the rituals at court or the tournament as the actual adventure. I'm in a situation a bit like this, I have one friend who shares the same views on the game as I do. with this in mind I was thinking of starting an online game. Would this work? Would anyone be interested? May played with a video link. And id like your view on this?? 

Y Gododdin, "He glutted black ravens on the walls of the fort, but he was no Arthur."

• 2 weeks later...

It's certainly very playable via video (some games are less suited to it than others, generally those requiring lots of cards, tokens or a Jenga tower) and my group went through a very enjoyable run using Google Hangouts a while ago. You really don't need any fancy extras, just a few people to game with; that can be the rub, of course. 

Due to my game group having been spread over three countries by now (and even prior to that between different cities), we have been playing almost exclusively online since 2005, using (nowadays) Roll20 and Teamspeak. Works quite well, although face-to-face would still be preferable. But one does what one can.

Edited by Morien

• 1 month later...
On 7/23/2019 at 3:07 AM, Puckohue said:

I’m GMing a forum based campaign on rpol.net

I've had my eye on it for awhile. I can't tell if it's still active or not since posts are closed. But if it's on-going, I'll sign up.

On 7/9/2019 at 12:22 PM, Sir Carter said:

I'm sure we have all experienced this problem. Gamers that enjoy RPGs but don't share the passion of a certain game. Pandragon is a bit like this, it requires players that enjoy the setting, its not a hack and slash dungeon crawl with loads of monsters in each room and only the bare essence of a story-line, its a deep and rich setting with just as much effort in the rituals at court or the tournament as the actual adventure. I'm in a situation a bit like this, I have one friend who shares the same views on the game as I do. with this in mind I was thinking of starting an online game. Would this work? Would anyone be interested? May played with a video link. And id like your view on this?? 

Most definitely.

Roll20 has an awesome sheet that someone built and I've run several games on Roll20 (not KAP though). 

I have been finishing up a Paladin hack that needs a live test so I'll probably use Roll20 then. But it will be a couple weeks. Check in on the KAP Discord channel as just about every game advertised there is online.