About This File
The Second Way (TSW) is a set of homebrew freeform magic rules for Chaosium’s Magic World setting. The goal of TSW is to provide a definitive yet flexible way for crafting and scaling spells. Inspired by Chaosium’s Deep Magic and Atlas Game’s Ars Magica, TSW changes Deep Magic’s spheres and glyphs and adds rules for specifying spell range, area of effect and duration as well as for affecting mass, affecting character condition and casting spells against multiple targets. For maximum benefit readers will want to purchase Chaosium’s excellent Advanced Sorcery book.
What's New in Version 2.1
- Added cover art.
- Various clarifications made.
- Corrected the amount of time it takes to cast a non-combat spell.
- Changed the order of spheres on the spell wheel.
- Changed the soul sphere to optional and added under optional rules.
- Corrected numbers in area of effect & costs table.
- Corrected numbers in duration & costs table.
- Added costs for growing things to the mass & costs table.
- Added costs for enhancing vision and hearing, compelling beast, sentient and spirit as well as resisting poison to the common modifiers & costs table.
- Added notes on making magical effects permanent to the chronicler notes section.
- Various typos corrected and clarifications made.
- Corrected numbers in range & costs table.
- Added comments about magic batteries to the chronicler section.
- Added comments about the MP economy to the chronicler section.
- Added a description to the spell "Dip in the Pool".
- Replaced critical text accidentally deleted in version 1.9.
- Corrected the spell Zephyr's Bubble.
- Replaced the Wizandry Fumble Table.
- Added a Chaotic Features Table.