Invitation to wild speculation: What were the Seven Problems from Dorastor?

Akhôrahil

What were the Seven Problems from Dorastor that the Lunar Empire suffered in 1608? (I believe this is nowhere described, so wild speculation is more than acceptable!) Supposedly one was Wowander's raid with the Stag Riders (and it's very conceivable that this formed more than one of the problems), but even then, who was (or worse, is) Wowander and who were the Stag Riders? I'm getting a disturbing image of Slime Deer cavalry in my head...

Since this is post the Ralzakark/Lunar agreement (1580), at the very least Ralzakark didn't do anything that constituted breaking it (at least as far as the Lunars knew). At the same time, the mere number or problems suggest some kind of coordination?

One realization could be that the count of seven might be more about Lunar numbering preferences than the exact sequence of events. 

There was probably only five or six of them, until a Lunar historian decided to even out the number to a proper seven.

Edited by Akhôrahil

42 minutes ago, Akhôrahil said:

What were the Seven Problems from Dorastor that the Lunar Empire suffered in 1608? (I believe this is nowhere described, so wild speculation is more than acceptable!) Supposedly one was Wowander's raid with the Stag Riders (and it's very conceivable that this formed more than one of the problems), but even then, who was (or worse, is) Wowander and who were the Stag Riders? I'm getting a disturbing image of Slime Deer cavalry in my head...

Slime deer cavalry is what I would assume, too. Maybe the riders have a contraption on their saddles to hold those boneless head sacks up?

The political map of Dorastor shows 30K "other chaos" in the eastern part of Dorastor, and "at the head of a mob of chaos things" suggests that the stag riders were only a small but memorable part of the horde.

The population numbers in the Guide ignore the Grayskins of the Mad Sultanate described in Dorastor: Land of Doom, but the Guide mentions the Tower of Lead (located in that area) as sometime palace of the Mad Sultan. The riders could be some less depraved or luckily chaos featured individuals from the Mad Sultan's horde.

The rest of the horde could be a wide array of weird mutations, or possibly some of the earliest Pamaltelan chaos monsters transferred to Karia. The RQ3 Glorantha Bestiary had a few examples, like the charnjibber.

42 minutes ago, Akhôrahil said:

Since this is post the Ralzakark/Lunar agreement (1580), at the very least Ralzakark didn't do anything that constituted breaking it (at least as far as the Lunars knew). At the same time, the mere number or problems suggest some kind of coordination?

It might be an early effect from the Chaos build-up in Karia, although I think it is a little too early for that.

Telling how it is excessive verbis

1 hour ago, Joerg said:

It might be an early effect from the Chaos build-up in Karia, although I think it is a little too early for that.

It's not like Ralzakark has either the time or the inclination to go around controlling every band of raiders, either. If anything, they help to remind the Lunars why they need him.

Broo attacks, maybe Scorpionmen attacks, disease, corruption of plants, poisoned water, Ragnaglar's Breath, Hellwood Krjalki Elves, there are lots of things that can erupt from Dorastor.

I think that Ralzakark was involved, if only in an "Ok, I'll leave things alone and withdraw all my Humakti broos to Fort Wrath and then we'll see what happens" kind of way.

Edited by soltakss

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here