Severe severing

Minlister

Thanks again, the Glorantha Hotline is definitely more efficient than even the Glowline!

I am happy with the “blood ties vs legal ties” kin-slaying ambiguity, with lawspeakers arguing in trail, makes for good plots! If you kill your Orlanthi brother after he has undergone the Severing, you are definitely not legally culprit of slaying a fellow clan member but the blood ties here are very strong. Should we have here a Antigone style tragedy with “human” and “divine” law clashing (even if I understand that every laws come from the gods)?

The Orlanthi as the trickster’s sidekick is a little bit too munchkinny for my tastes, I confess, I will go figure out some “mythical” explanation for the bon with another character, there is a Odayla hunter, maybe something like hunting the trickster down in the first place. Or an Erlnaldan binding him through bondless desire? Or let them go without bond, facing the risks.

For the Salmon feat, obviously I thought about something on a grander scale than real river ,waterfalls some HQ feat, but the solution seems more original than yet another magic boat. I used one in the Prax scenario I posted here and envisioned they could still reuse it later on the campaign, but it is always better to devise more than one solution.

I like very much the idea of a hidden cave behind the Skyfall: a cave is an Earth thing, full of Darkness, in the middle of Air, behind water, giving access to the Sky, that’s fantastic! And such a cave is a perfect nap place for a Sky Bear! The Salmon Quest is superb: I always thought to explain the salmon ecology by the fact that these fishes remembe the original flow of the rivers, going upland. And I have already decided to use Delecti heavily, I would like to replace the Dragonrise with a re-enactment of the Skyfall by the PC over Tatius’s temple as a way to destroy the Lunar army, in order to surprise the players, some of which know a little about the official storyline. And the Styx-grotto episode has a lot of appeal! Obviously the mustache-curling Lunar villan opposing the Salmon man shoudl be called Lord Gravlax...Thanks @soltakss , @jajagappa and @Joerg !!

And good point for the problem with feeding the ticks! Poor dinosaurs!! I think I will slightly dodge the problem by having them surviving on the chaotic sludge filling the Chaos Ground (which I envision swamp-like). That would explain that they do not range too far. But then a quakebeast comes along, gnak!, they latch unto it and “drive it” towards inhabited places!

I play in 1615, so yes, most thing would have been scoured by the Storm Bull, but I still want to make the Chaos Ground active. If you have a look to the doc, I play the Lysang in the Arfritha Vale and the Lunars are building a “Bat perch” in one of the clan’s village. The players will have to understand the nature of the structure and block the construction, ultimately explaining the “official” itinerary of Crimsie.

Edited by Minlister
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Minlister said:

I don't know any myth about the Sea Eagle, could you tell me more?

Sea Eagle (or Swimming Eagle) comes from the shamanic myths of how the world was created.  It's one of the First Four Companions. There's not a lot to the myth, but this is the short tale from HQ Voices:

Earthmaker swam across the endless ocean, seeking a place to rest.  For ages she swam, sometimes meeting creatures who told her of their own wanderings.  At last she realized that there was no land, and she decided to make it.  She called together her companions, and set to work.

Her first four companions were Turtle, from the South, whose wide shell was the platform they worked upon; Loon, from the North, who dived to the bottom and brought up mud; Otter, whose paws shaped the mud, and who slid through it to form the rivers; and Swimming Eagle, who brought magic flints to make the land hard.

When Earthmaker created the world these creatures, or others in other local variant legends, aided him.  In reward, they are the overseers of the four directions, just as there are Kings of Above and Below.  All show their watery origin, but have other connections as well:  Turtle (south) is the source of earth elementals; Loon (north) is the source of air elementals; Otter (west) is the source of water elementals; and Sea Eagle (east) is the source of fire elementals.

10 hours ago, Minlister said:

Sorry Bill, you answered as I was posting! I don't know any myth about the Sea Eagle, could you tell me more?

The boards have been down all day in my part of the forest. As Jajagappa said, there's no applicable cannon, but if a Salmon can get Sea Eagle's attention it's very likely to be carried up to the sky world. The trick would be to get free at the right time to land near the top of the Skyfall, (and avoid getting eaten). Ideally you'd leave something better than lunch, to avoid earning Sea Eagle's displeasure.