Feedback on my Spol writeup?

Nevermet

• 3 months later...

BTW, the Oronin Valley writeup in Tales #16 should be pretty much identical to this version from my website:

http://etyries.albionsoft.com/etyries.com/carmania/oronin.html

Cheers, Nick

Edited by Nick Brooke

On 9/5/2019 at 8:18 PM, Nevermet said:

Second, who in the North?  An Eolian hero? I can imagine Yolanela being interested in Door Stones.  Or perhaps a Char-Un Kahn?  I assume that the Char-Un and Spolites don't really get along, but I'm sure she could look past that in the name of power.

When I had Yolanela musing, "And not the first time a spurned lover has found her husband in the North. I wonder how Moonson will greet my children, when they come to claim their birthright..." I was actually thinking of Thed and Ragnaglar, whose child was Wakboth the Devil. "The Greater Darkness" myth in King of Sartar reads (p.66 of the current edition):

The world was worse off for these three [ie: Thed, Mallia and Ragnaglar], but for a time they could not be convinced to leave. At last Orlanth outlawed them with rules and threats, but they lingered in the fort. Finally Humakt killed them, and they went to the outermost reaches of the lands of the dead.
   There, in the far north, they conspired and did what they could do to each other. They are called the Unholy Trio for this, and they are the parents of Wakboth, Lord of Chaos. He was the first of many gods of chaos and destruction who came to end the world.
   The Chaos army marched from the north...

While I'm thinking about her, here's Yolanela's character sheet from Life of Moonson - it's as cheesy as anything, but you might like her sidebar on the Witch Cult of Spol.

http://etyries.albionsoft.com/etyries.com/moonson/yolanela.html

(One of my career highlights as a website owner was when someone complained, "You've published the wrong character sheet: that's not Yolanela.")

Cheers, Nick

Edited by Nick Brooke
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Related: Chris Gidlow's Prophecy of the Dark Emperor, also from Life of Moonson (by way of Argrath's Saga). This was at the heart of a hunt-the-baby plot which involved several of the freeform's characters including Yolanela and Jar-eel.

(Us freeform authors believed that Nurture > Nature when it comes to raising Antichrists, but were willing to go with the flow if the players came up with anything sufficiently hilarious)

Behold, a child shall be born, who shall be called the Moon Child. On Its forehead will be the Runes of Life and Chaos and the Moon. There shall be a time of Great Tribulation. The Red Emperor shall truly die, and there will be great wailing and gnashing of teeth. Then the Moon Child shall come from the North, and take the three-pronged crown. It shall sit upon the Pearl Throne and be called the White Emperor. Yet Its true name shall be Wakboth the Devil. Every six hundred years It comes, until It is destroyed. Its Empire shall be called the Monster Empire. Anyone with compassion will be seen as a willing victim. The Ice will come, and It will laugh. It will smear the people of Peloria like jelly. It will decorate Its crown with the living bodies of a thousand high priests and priestesses, each of which serves a god of some unspeakable vice, corruption, perversion or mutation. It shall give Rule to Ragnaglar the Mad, to Thed Mother of Foulness and to Malia Mistress of Disease, Its Unholy parents. Its eyes will be evil. It will excrete filth from Its visage. It will poison existence with Its very being!

Cheers, Nick

• Like 2
  • Haha 1