CoC 7e to run Gothic horror?

daddystabz

Have any of you guys ever tried using CoC 7e to run Gothic horror and break away from the cosmic horror occasionally? I really enjoy gothic horror also and want to do some Hammer-esque stuff with these rules.

Are there any adventures or supplements out there for Gothic horror with CoC 7e?

Well there have been non-mythos scenarios and campaigns but I don't think any have come out yet for CoC 7. The campaign that comes to mind is Pagan Publishing's Coming Full Circle though I am not sure it would meet your requirement for gothic...

Check out our homebrew rules for freeform magic in BRP ->

No reason for Ars Magica players to have all the fun!

I haven't read it yet, but I picked it up because is was non-mythos and because it has rules for psychics and mediums. From what I am told the book leverages New England superstition with the bad guys being vampires, ghost and witches (if I remember right). Note it takes place from 1929-1939 though I have ben told it could be easily moved to earlier in the twenties. I couldn't find any in-depth reviews but there is a mini review at https://orava.org/orava/weblog/2010/08/19/minireview-coming-full-circle-call-of-cthulhu

There is also Bumps in the Night (also from Pagan). I just found a review of it and like Coming Full Circle its non-mythos. See http://rlyehreviews.blogspot.com/2013/02/cthulhu-without-cthulhu.html

Edited by rsanford

Check out our homebrew rules for freeform magic in BRP ->

No reason for Ars Magica players to have all the fun!

The Mythras folks are coming out with a game based on the ghost stories of M.R. James.  Does that count?

I have "Bumps In the Night."  While it is definitely non-Mythos it isn't exactly Dracula or Turn of the Screw either, though you could mix its scenarios in with more traditional horror fare.

5 hours ago, seneschal said:

The Mythras folks are coming out with a game based on the ghost stories of M.R. James.  Does that count?

I have "Bumps In the Night."  While it is definitely non-Mythos it isn't exactly Dracula or Turn of the Screw either, though you could mix its scenarios in with more traditional horror fare.

But I'm assuming this will be for Mythras and not CoC, right?

5 hours ago, midwinter said:

You also have the underrated rpg Chill (1st edition), a game made for Hammer-style gothic horror.

Don't forget its modern incarnation Cryptworld.

http://www.lulu.com/shop/daniel-proctor-and-tim-snider/cryptworld-perfect-bound/paperback/product-21194205.html

Edited by seneschal