HeroQuest on Discord?

AndreasDavour

Thanks Richard. I'm in the very early stages, and for now just thinking out loud about what can be done. I have run a voice chat game of Forbidden Lands on discord, and it was surprisingly much like a table game, so that's what I'm aiming for. PbP is a bit too slow for me.

Edited by AndreasDavour

• 1 year later...
24 minutes ago, GSD Wanderer said:

I just got into discord. I have the Hero Quest board game with a few of the expansion packs. If be interested in playing this if you have a group. 

FYI HeroQuest the RPG and HeroQuest the board game are unrelated.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
On 6/30/2023 at 9:11 AM, AndreasDavour said:

It turned out I finally got two sessions done of QuestWorlds with my face to face group! So, still no game on Discord, but something else!

And how was the experience?

I'm also looking forward to being able to play QW in Glorantha...

It worked decently enough. I took a RQ scenario of the Jonstown Compendium, and played it narratively. It did expose some problems with the scenario, and the usual problem with how to introduce newbies to a deep setting like Glorantha. But QW worked fine. I do think the different options for Contests in the SRD definitely needs to be edited, polished and developed in a product based on the text. But, as it's a SRD it is a reference text. I do wonder still how the system sits between task and conflict resolution, and the xp system feel wonky.

I would love to see more people try it out, and talk about it. This part of the forums is a bit lonely for those of us who don't like RQ that much.

• Like 5

On 7/5/2023 at 4:39 PM, AndreasDavour said:

It worked decently enough. I took a RQ scenario of the Jonstown Compendium, and played it narratively. It did expose some problems with the scenario, and the usual problem with how to introduce newbies to a deep setting like Glorantha. But QW worked fine. I do think the different options for Contests in the SRD definitely needs to be edited, polished and developed in a product based on the text. But, as it's a SRD it is a reference text. I do wonder still how the system sits between task and conflict resolution, and the xp system feel wonky.

I would love to see more people try it out, and talk about it. This part of the forums is a bit lonely for those of us who don't like RQ that much.

I also have this wish (and this hope), HQ/QW is really an amazing system, it would deserve more publicity to get more players... I hope this changes with the future release of the Questworlds Core Book (fingers crossed here...)

• Like 1