Dethstrok9 RPG Channel

Dethstrok9

18 minutes ago, Lloyd Dupont said:

No, no, no, you misunderstand me... I totally agree! And, I, um...  I am the champion of not preparing! :P
It's just that, out of context, it's so so unexpected and surprising as to be hilarious! ;) But it's true! 😮 :D 

Ohh, gotcha:) 

And yes I too am not the best at preparation, heheh...

• Like 1

-Voice of the Legion

Also, I was just informed that a blog has reviewed my channel, if you want to read it, here it is: https://bendjinn.com/2020/04/29/review-dethstrok9s-legion-youtube-channel-cthulhu-content/ 

Only thanks to this awesome community, be it on BRP or Facebook, is this type of response possible. Thank you very much for the amazing support:)

• Like 1

-Voice of the Legion

I think the answer will depend on how you are portraying war in game. The focus could be on tension and a sense of dread with moments of depraved violence and mass destruction, or there could be a surreal excitement gripping the masses as they root for one side or another like it's a sport. There could be shown a certain glory in the art of war, or the madness of willing battle. And that's just one side to it...

-Voice of the Legion

11 hours ago, Dethstrok9 said:

Dragonsbane Entertainment has released an awesome system called Sabre, you should check it out!

Regarding the disclaimer you'll find on the credits page... First, Mythras doesn't have an Open Game License. We do have a Gateway License that 3rd party producers can use, if they wish to base their game on the Mythras mechanics. Secondly, for its first edition, SABRE's producers directly used a fair amount of verbatim text, lifted straight from the Mythras rulebook, without permission, and without using our Gateway License. This material was then made Open Content because SABRE chose to publish using the OGL, which was a clear breach of both the OGL, and our copyright. Following productive discussions with SABRE team, we agreed on the disclaimer you now see, as long as SABRE completely rewrote those sections of the game that were in breach of copyright.

The Design Mechanism: Publishers of Mythras

DM logo Freeforums Icon.png

1419692086_ReflactionsThumbnail(1).png.66b8d8a0560c3a3825ee4eb73ad45f88.png

Refractions of Glasston is the result of a creative collaboration between the Professional Writing department at Taylor University, Upland IN and Chaosium Inc. The creators are all students at Taylor University. As this fits perfectly into the themes of my channel, this is our LIVE playthrough.

Elias Taylor Winters, the CEO of TWJ Co., discovered a secret to the glass-making process that finally put him above his long-standing competition: Ball Glass. Shattering expectations for such a small company in rural Indiana, Winters has put Glasston on the map. The town and its economy are booming. But not everything in Glasston is as it should be. Refractions of Glasston is a standalone scenario for Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition. It takes place in a rural town in northwest Indiana, set in the 1920s.

We are going live May 16, 2020. Saturday @ 5 PM Eastern Standard Time. Join us, if you dare!

Also, I'm pretty excited to try out my new Zoom subscription, and you (hopefully) will be able to see everyone this stream! 

Event link: https://youtu.be/9jCB8jGFGkg

-Voice of the Legion

Well, this is what to say to those who feel changing game elements is cheating or dishonest. All of this about whether or not fudging die rolls or other game components is cheating is completely subjective. This is my personal TTRPG Game Master Advice, and it's not a popular opinion. If you are always a player, maybe think twice before watching this one:)

• Like 1

-Voice of the Legion

Call of Cthulhu Keeper Advice, inspired by my new favorite horror musical by Tim Burton Sweeney Todd: Spiraling downward into insanity using description (Call of Cthulhu Keeper Advice). Dethstrok9 also has some important information to share in terms of channel related news.

-Voice of the Legion

• 2 weeks later...

Today we shall go over how one can create Call of Cthulhu scenarios using horror stories. Figured out a temporary solution to the editing problem, hopefully this will continue to work for the time being:)

Also, huge thank you to Neill and Mr. Fox for supporting me on Patreon!

-Voice of the Legion

Man, BRP is just the best system to build on... Here's my newest video (really proud of the way this one came out, let me know if you enjoy this style of video) on how to get into a system, this time we're looking at Delta Green.

-Voice of the Legion

• 5 weeks later...