And our forums are running smothly again!

I'm quite happy with myself. Turned out to be the database that was struggling and needed some optimization. :party:

Got me scared for some time there. Had no idea what had happened or what I needed to do with it, but luckily something of all the stuff I tried worked in the end! :rolleyes:

SGL.

Ef plest master, this mighty fine grub!
b1.gif 116/420. High Priest.

Haven't you seen House M.D.? :P

SGL.

Thanks Trif,

This has become my favourite RPG forum. Thanks for all your hard work!

Thalaba

"Tell me what you found, not what you lost" Mesopotamian proverb

Hail, Forum Keeper:

Thanks for all your hard work; I come here everyday and enjoy each visit.

Is anyone else having a tough time navigating the pages? I'm still experiencing a 45-55 second delay before each page pops up. :ohwell:

Cheers,

Sunwolfe

Present home-port: home-brew BRP/OQ SRD variant; past ports-of-call: SB '81, RQIII '84, BGB '08, RQIV(Mythras) '12,  MW '15, and OQ '17

BGB BRP: 0 edition: 20/420; .pdf edition: 06/11/08; 1st edition: 06/13/08

Is anyone else having a tough time navigating the pages? I'm still experiencing a 45-55 second delay before each page pops up. :ohwell:

Cheers,

Sunwolfe

When I came at 6:30 EST it was all fine, but now at it's after 9:30 EST and sloooww again. A forum administrator's work is never done, I guess.

Thalaba

I'm quite happy with myself. Turned out to be the database that was struggling and needed some optimization. :party:

Be careful or you'll turn into a Techie.

Had no idea what had happened or what I needed to do with it, but luckily something of all the stuff I tried worked in the end! :rolleyes:

Oops! Too late.:)

Now you are giving away Techie secrets.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here. 

Guest Vile Traveller

Smushing to be up and moving again! Slow loading pages cause no end of trouble when you're sneaking peeks at your favourite forum when the boss is hovering around the office ... :thumb:

Slow loading pages cause no end of trouble when you're sneaking peeks at your favourite forum when the boss is hovering around the office ... :thumb:

Speaking of which, would it be kosher to ask that the title text be smaller so it could not be read over my shoulder so obviously?:o

Guest Vile Traveller

I was thinking, maybe you could make it look like a research article or something? You know, put a picture of a wind turbine there and make the page header "Landscape and Visual Impacts of Offshore Wind Farms", that sort of thing ... :innocent:

I was thinking, maybe you could make it look like a research article or something? You know, put a picture of a wind turbine there and make the page header "Landscape and Visual Impacts of Offshore Wind Farms", that sort of thing ... :innocent:

I'll take that into consideration. Maybe we should have a poll? :D

SGL.

Ef plest master, this mighty fine grub!
b1.gif 116/420. High Priest.

• 2 months later...