Wild Mountain

Austin

Wild Mountain: This steep and conical mountain thrusts up abruptly above the Richvale. Its summit has an elevation of 2250 meters and the mountain is largely separate from the rest of the Quivin Mountains. Its forested slopes are sacred to Yinkin.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Jeff said:

This steep and conical mountain thrusts up abruptly above the Richvale. Its summit has an elevation of 2250 meters

Well, that's going to make the climb rather more interesting... suppose that's the adventurers' problem, not mine! :D Thanks, Jeff, and David too. Nice to have a bit more info on the White River.

Are the mountain measurements from their visual base, or are they measuring from sea level like on Earth?

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my publications here. Disclaimer: affiliate link.

Social Media: Facebook Patreon Twitter Website

15 hours ago, jajagappa said:

I know Clearwine is at 850m above sea level, so  I'd guess somewhere around 1000m.

That's what I've assumed as I work through my sketch maps. ~100m of height up Seven Falls feels suitably impressive, then another ~50m as the land rises traveling from Kjartan's Lake.

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my publications here. Disclaimer: affiliate link.

16 hours ago, Crel said:

That's what I've assumed as I work through my sketch maps. ~100m of height up Seven Falls feels suitably impressive, then another ~50m as the land rises traveling from Kjartan's Lake.

Lake Kjartan is at about 900 meters of elevation. The Seven Falls are low enough that salmon can make it upriver. Wilmskirk, further upriver and inland is at 920 meters.

• Thanks 1

Here's what I ended up with for a Wild Mountain map, in my Glorantha anyway.

1028716576_wildmountainmap.thumb.png.1b01b13244019cbd6016b08728a82cfc.png

The objective for the adventure I'm working on is Farsee Point, right around the treeline in the Quivin Mountains. Route's probably zigzagging up the north side of the mountain, then circling around the west to the high rise. There's a Yinkin shrine in the lower woods/foothills, and a more significant site on the top, Gavren's Wood (drawn from the Gazetteer). That'll be a bonus objective, and maybe have some notes for solo or duet play for a Yinkin-worshiping adventurer to climb as a pilgrimage between adventures.

This is still a rough draft. It needs some fiddling. Spawn should almost surely be a few km further downriver, and the shape of the river's not quite right. It probably goes a bit higher, too, and comes more directly from the north.

Primary map references I've referenced making this are the Locaem map in The Pegasus Plateau and the Colymar-Tribes map in the Gamemaster Screen Pack. I went with 2,210m for the summit's height since that's the published height in GMA.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1