Mythos Explorers #1 - Door to the Sky (PAMPHLET ADVENTURE)

Fábio Silva

Hi folks, I'm from Brazil, and I started writing my ideas for CoC, and I'm going to publish them on the Miskatonic Repository. This is the first of them: http://tiny.cc/mi0zsz
MYTHOS EXPLORERS #1 - DOOR TO THE SKY (PAMPHLET ADVENTURE)
This is a pamphlet with an adventure structure for Call of Cthulhu 7th. Print, fold, and play. This is an ideal adventure for a short game, lasting an hour or two. The text presents the idea of a complete scenario, with scenes and clues and a new alternative rule for skills. Keepers can add their own ideas to create a bigger adventure or start a campaign.

A few minutes of reading, some hours of fun.
This pamphlet is great for one-shot games. Did you get together with friends and now want to play something quick, just for fun? One of your group's regular members missed the game, and you want to play an alternative scenario with a few hours of mystery? This adventure is for you. Just a few minutes of reading, and you will be ready to play.

By purchasing this product, you will receive:
• A two pages PDF with an adventure pamphlet.
•A two pages PDF pamphlet with four Pre-Made Investigators.
PDF files have layers with the options for COLOR and BLACK and WHITE.
• Include files to print it on Letter and A4 paper sizes.

This product may undergo regular proofreading. Check this page for the latest updates.
If you find typos or grammar, have some suggestions and comments or think something needs to be different in this product, please let me know.

investigators.jpg

mock.jpg

Edited by Fábio Silva
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

An analog guy
fscontato0@gmail.com

I love the whole scenario on 6 columns of double-sided paper.

Can you fit a call of Cthulhu character sheet on one column? If so, that is very impressive. 

Do you have any Word Templates that you would be able to share?

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

4 hours ago, soltakss said:

I love the whole scenario on 6 columns of double-sided paper.

Can you fit a call of Cthulhu character sheet on one column? If so, that is very impressive. 

Do you have any Word Templates that you would be able to share?

Thanks. I'm glad you liked it. The idea I had was to be compact (some minutes to read) and quick to run. I worked for a few weeks to think about how to summarize a scenario in "one page adventure" and maintain the essence of Call of Cthulhu.

On the character sheets, I managed to put a different sheet per column. But the character sheet has only essential information: player and investigator names, occupation, Characteristics, HP, MP, Sanity, and Luck, 10 skills, DB, Build, and Dodge.

There is no room for information on weapons, backstory, gear, possessions, cash, assets, and so on. In this case, the player must use a separate sheet to write this information down, if necessary. I have included in the character sheet all the information that needs to roll dice and make calculations, to speed up the character creation.

4 hours ago, lordabdul said:

The layout and graphic design looks really wonderful! Good job!

Thank you! Your comment cheered me up. I am a children's illustrator (https://www.instagram.com/imfabiosilva/ to see some of my arts) and I work as a graphic and editorial designer here in Brazil. I have no experience with horror illustration and editorial designer with a focus on horror, but I am struggling to study.

3 hours ago, Psullie said:

Awesome idea, looks great!

Thanks a lot.

Edited by Fábio Silva
  • Like 1

An analog guy
fscontato0@gmail.com

1 hour ago, Fábio Silva said:

I am a children's illustrator (https://www.instagram.com/imfabiosilva/ to see some of my arts) and I work as a graphic and editorial designer here in Brazil.

Hah well that explains things then :) 

I think I spotted a typo? You used "SRT" instead of "STR" everywhere for the Strength stat?

• Like 1

Ludovic aka Lordabdul -- read and listen to  The God Learners , the Gloranthan podcast, newsletter, & blog !

1 hour ago, lordabdul said:

Hah well that explains things then :) 

I think I spotted a typo? You used "SRT" instead of "STR" everywhere for the Strength stat?

Oh, thanks for pointing this out. I will fix and update the files.

I hope to be able to hire a native English proofreader soon, to avoid these gaffes.

Edited by Fábio Silva
  • Like 1

An analog guy
fscontato0@gmail.com