Why Issaries runes are different betweeen HQG and RQG?

Beorne

Is it that much of a deal to have some differentiation between mechanics and lore? It doesn't seem so unreasonable for a Goldentongue character to proudly display their affinity with the Issaries/Trade rune, which is then recorded on their character sheet as high percentages in Harmony and Movement. Equally, it would be ridiculous for someone to say "Fear my prowess in battle, for I have a 1H Sword (Broadsword) rating of 155%!" or "I was going to travel to the temple next season and sacrifice a point of POW for an extra Rune Point, but alas - my current Rune Points are equal to my CHA!"

On a related note, I know older material like Hero Wars had individual runes for every deity - their non-inclusion in RQ:G I never took as being retconned from existence, but rather simply deemed mechanically redundant. I don't really see the issue.

• Like 5

On 1/21/2021 at 9:03 AM, davecake said:

I don't really see the Movement connection much, but more Harmony focussed outward not inward? Issaries does have a Movement connection of course - but then, Issaries is always given the Movement rune too. I don't see the movement connection for Argan Argar, and most other trade gods have their own Movement connections (Etyries of course gets it from Issaries, Lokarnos is a movement god first and trade only as it follows from that, etc). 

Communication is the movement of ideas and impressions, for example.

10 minutes ago, Sir_Godspeed said:

Communication is the movement of ideas and impressions, for example.

Which can be expressed as a combination between specific aspects of Movement and Harmony. Equal Exchange. RPG isn't saying Issaries doesn't have the Communication rune, it's just breaking it down into its component parts. People in-world can still express Issaries as having Communication, or they can mark him and his followers with Harmony and Movement, or both; it's all the same.

1 hour ago, Richard S. said:

Which can be expressed as a combination between specific aspects of Movement and Harmony. Equal Exchange. RPG isn't saying Issaries doesn't have the Communication rune, it's just breaking it down into its component parts. People in-world can still express Issaries as having Communication, or they can mark him and his followers with Harmony and Movement, or both; it's all the same.

Yeah, that's basically what I was trying to get across.

5 hours ago, Richard S. said:

Correct. And this is how the Communication (or Issaries) Rune was presented back with Cults of Prax.

• Thanks 1