Non Human Options for Pulp Cthulhu

PichulRixth

Apologies if this is a naive question for this system.  Are there rules for having non-human investigators?  Like werewolves, vampires or witches?  I’m just looking for some stats and abilities that beef up the investigators.  Given it’s still CoC I’m not looking to make them invincible, against Cthulhu it’s unlikely it would make a difference.  But against human enemies it might give them an edge.  

• Like 1

I don’t know the answer but you can find vampire and werewolf in some of the BRP beastiaries and those should plug right in. You could start with The Big Damn Book of Monsters by our own Chris Tooley -> 

• Like 1

Check out our homebrew rules for freeform magic in BRP ->

No reason for Ars Magica players to have all the fun!

19 hours ago, PichulRixth said:

Apologies if this is a naive question for this system.  Are there rules for having non-human investigators?  Like werewolves, vampires or witches?  I’m just looking for some stats and abilities that beef up the investigators.  Given it’s still CoC I’m not looking to make them invincible, against Cthulhu it’s unlikely it would make a difference.  But against human enemies it might give them an edge.  

I have a theory that you could run almost any Call of Cthulhu (and especially Pulp Cthulhu) adventure with Hellboy, Abe Sapien, and Liz Sherman as your investigators without changing much of anything.

Just beef up the number of foes (maybe a last-minute summoning), add an enigmatic talking animal, describe a lot of broken statues, and be sure to have Hellboy fall through the floor at least once. 

• Like 2

On 2/17/2021 at 5:09 PM, PichulRixth said:

Apologies if this is a naive question for this system.  Are there rules for having non-human investigators?

Pulp Cthulhu itself has rules for psychic powers and pulp science invention.  It's not the same as a witch or vampire, but you could make an Investigator in the theme of the Shadow or Doc Savage.

21 minutes ago, SunlessNick said:

Pulp Cthulhu itself has rules for psychic powers and pulp science invention.  It's not the same as a witch or vampire, but you could make an Investigator in the theme of the Shadow or Doc Savage.

Man a character with The Shadow’s capabilities would rule over the occasional cultist!

Check out our homebrew rules for freeform magic in BRP ->

No reason for Ars Magica players to have all the fun!

On 2/18/2021 at 3:17 PM, PichulRixth said:

Thanks everyone!  What I’m looking for is stats and attacks for such investigators. Maybe abilities.  I’ll check out the resources mentioned above for ideas.  

You could always pick up Basic Roleplaying with expanded rules for mutant abilities, psychic powers, and super powers.