Ironhoof and the Grazelander/Lunar war of 1615

Psullie

I've come across a few references to a bush war between the Lunar's and the Grazelanders in 1615 which leaves me with a couple of questions:

1. Ironhoof came to the aid the Grazelanders, was this a brief appearance or is the demi-god hero still about?

2. Minira 'Single Matron Woman' was Feathered Horse Queen at the time (reigned 1610-1623). Jarsandron Tenherds was the Luminous Stallion King (reigned 1603-1625). Both were strong Lunar allies, so what sparked the conflict and what was the end result?

Cheers

• Like 1

The Guide to Glorantha says

Ironhoof, Lord of Beast Valley: The demigod ruler of the Beast Men has reappeared several times throughout – and even before – history, most recently in 1615. He created the Grazeland Pony Breeders and was the first sacred King of Dragon Pass. Ironhoof is a centaur and lord of all horses.

In my 13th Age Glorantha campaign Ironhoof is about, but the PCs are in the Castle of Lead right now. Maybe they’ll get to Duck Point and Beast Valley next. 

41 minutes ago, Psullie said:

2. Minira 'Single Matron Woman' was Feathered Horse Queen at the time (reigned 1610-1623). Jarsandron Tenherds was the Luminous Stallion King (reigned 1603-1625). Both were strong Lunar allies, so what sparked the conflict and what was the end result?

Given that the Grazers flipflop on alliances, the problem wasn't with the rulers but those that were skeptical of the Lunar Alliance.  Perhaps the rulers decide to launch a wave of repression using tarshite soldiers pretending to be bandits.  Their targets sought the aid of Ironhoof which ended the threat.

• Thanks 1

Thanks metcalph, this feeds in to Vistera's purges from 1623 and the overall proud nature of the Grazers. I've also realised that according to the Smoking Ruin and Other Stories Ironhoof is currently incarnated in the body of Hadra Fleetmane's father. So he's currently active.

18 hours ago, Psullie said:

Thanks Andrew, got that. I'm aware of the nature of his frequent reincarnations, just wondering if these are brief appearances, or if by 1627 he is still manifest.

I'm not sure what dates the WB&RM/DP Full Game scenario is meant to represent, but he's certainly around and active by the scenarios where the minor factions are mobilized. Which could mean he's hanging around in 1627, or it could mean he makes his grand re-entrance sometime closer to 1630.

"And I am pretty tired of all this fuss about rfevealign that many worshippers of a minor goddess might be lesbians." -Greg Stafford, April 11, 2007

"I just read an article in The Economist by a guy who was riding around with the Sartar rebels, I mean Taliban," -Greg Stafford, January 7th, 2010

Eight Arms and the Mask