1613 Kallai --> Leika transfer of power

2 hours ago, metcalph said:

She did a crown test into Snakepipe Hollow (given in Wyrms Footprints) which convinced the Tribe to support her.

Which was a good HeroQuest.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

6 hours ago, French Desperate WindChild said:

But how did she gain the title ?

The Colymar Kinstrife is described in SKoH, p.276, both how Leika gained the crown, and then how she lost it.  As the text notes on the former: "King Kallai had been king of the Colymar during Starbrow’s Rebellion, but was exiled by Fazzur in the wake of his victory over the Sartarite rebels. Leika presented herself as a candidate for king and undertook a brave and harrowing journey into haunted Snake Pipe Hollow to destroy Chaos in its own lair. She succeeded and was acclaimed Queen by her joyous people, without any preliminary legal preparation, despite the other rivals."

The details of the quest are in Wyrms Footnotes #14 (p.8) - which is available again through Chaosium: https://www.chaosium.com/wyrms-footnotes/

It's an enjoyable tale/heroquest, and a different take on Snakepipe Hollow.

One of the rivals is Leika's kinsman, and son of Kallai, Kangharl, and he subsequently challenges her to present one of the key pieces of the Colymar regalia.  And she can't.  For this, Kangharl may have had Lunar aid, or perhaps Trickster assistance.

• Like 3

hum I did know that I read it somewhere  !

My thought then is, as she succeed to bring back a "good" prince of sartar from lunar perspective, lunar had nothing against her, at the begining of her reign, at least.

However, I remember that I read in this forum that Kangharl was exiled / hostage after the starbrow rebellion (and that sounds good as he was a so victorious ennemy to be ... reeducated). Am I wrong ?  (I know that is not what is described in skoh)

47 minutes ago, French Desperate WindChild said:

However, I remember that I read in this forum that Kangharl was exiled / hostage after the starbrow rebellion (and that sounds good as he was a so victorious ennemy to be ... reeducated). Am I wrong ?  (I know that is not what is described in skoh)

I think Kangharl simply fled after the collapse of the rebellion.  There's little wisdom in relying on the legal protections of tribal law when one is aware they are on the Lunar List of Painful Shit to Be Done To.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1