Wenkarleos — Monster of the Month #16

Austin

April's issue of #MOTM is now available on the Jonstown Compendium!

The fourth installment in MOTM's mini-series of Rune Masters is Wenkarleos, a Lunar Tarshite noble and Rune Lord of the Seven Mothers. A confidante of King Pharandros of Tarsh, Wenkarleos provides the gamemaster with opportunities supporting adventures about the Tarsh Civil War between the patriotic heroes of King Pharandros, and the traitorous sons of General Fazzur Wideread.

In addition to describing Wenkarleos, this issue includes:

• The Philigos Medallions, made by good King Phargentes to commemorate his brother's death at the swords of Orlanthi assassins—an excellent Family Heirloom for adventurers from Lunar Tarsh!
  • Several supporting characters, including Wenkarleos's lover Beautiful Orland, and the Pelorian sorcerer Darveya the Far-Seeing. Darveya is accompanied with notes and advice for playing a sorcerer in RuneQuest, applicable to gamemasters and players of sorcerer adventurers alike.

This supplement is designed to be useful for RuneQuest players who only have the core rulebook. However, you may also need The Red Book of Magic, from Chaosium. In addition, A Rough Guide to Glamour, also available on the Jonstown Compendium, provides additional background for Lunar cultures, and is thoroughly recommended.

About this Series: Monster of the Month is a series of bestiary entries for Chaosium's RuneQuest: Roleplaying in Glorantha. In addition to statblocks and behavior, most issues include supplemental detail and advice for gamemasters and/or new adventurer options for players.

1024565854_wenkarleoscoversmall.thumb.png.89bf6199e07d2abd3ed473b8ee7a0cbc.png

• Like 4

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my publications here. Disclaimer: affiliate link.

Social Media: Facebook Patreon Twitter Website

A NOTE - I've been doing a writing marathon this month, and getting Wenkarleos together in addition has almost driven me to apoplexy. All of the content is there, but the printer-friendly versions of each NPC in the issue will be coming along in a day or two.

In lieu of compensation, I present my not-so-great rendition of Wenkarleos's cuirass. The pretty one up above is courtesy of Alexandre Gauthier, who does a lovely job figuring out what the hell I'm going on about.

1133825319_cuirassconcept.thumb.png.b3ab77644bfd95412f7ac312bcef0307.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my publications here. Disclaimer: affiliate link.

9 hours ago, lordabdul said:

Yet you still managed to finish this month's issue in time! Yay, congrats! 😄 

Yeah, the last week has been... interesting. I'm not done-done, but I'm glad it's out there and I'm not flailing at the deadline.

12 hours ago, Bill the barbarian said:

Can I have one, can I, can I?

Well, since you asked so nicely...

For those who don't know, Bill's the editor on MOTM, and does amazing work polishing these up for your eyeballs. Y'all owe him gratitude beers if we can ever do conventions again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Crel said:

For those who don't know, Bill's the editor on MOTM, and does amazing work polishing these up for your eyeballs. Y'all owe him gratitude beers if we can ever do conventions again.

Aw, thanks... I’m blushing, and hoping I live up to the great tales you tell me! But, I’ll still take the beers!

• Like 1

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!