The return of the eye friendly forum ?

Agentorange

Um... just so I don't look completely stupid here. Is the rather ugly v bulletin format what I'm meant to be seeing at the moment. Or has the software upgrade been completed and I'm not seeing what I'm meant to be seeing ?

What I see looks like this:

post-246-140468074799_thumb.png

"Mind like parachute, function only when open."

(Charlie Chan)

Yeah, thats what I'm getting, added to which the links and other sections seem to have vanished. When I get the home page various sections seem to be superinposed over the top of other sections, words missing and all sorts. I'm hoping it's part of the software upgrade and things will be back to normal soon.

I actually don't mind it. Yes, it's uglier, but it's also less eye-catching, which means it's less likely to catch my boss' eye when he looks over my shoulder. But I would be OK with something more attractive that didn't have the giant word 'ROLEPLAYING' at the top of the screen.

"Tell me what you found, not what you lost" Mesopotamian proverb

Yeah, thats what I'm getting, added to which the links and other sections seem to have vanished. When I get the home page various sections seem to be superinposed over the top of other sections, words missing and all sorts. I'm hoping it's part of the software upgrade and things will be back to normal soon.

That's not what I'm seeing. Might be a browser problem. What kind of browser do you use? Links will be back very soon (actually they're still there - http://basicroleplaying.com/links.htm, there just isn't a link leading there yet). Reviews will be back, within a couple of weeks hopefully. Wiki is gone, but the content will be added to the CMS, waiting for a wiki-widget for it to become a real wiki again.

SGL.

Hehehe that's good news ... :thumb:

Yes, that's great Triff - thanks for keeping us slackers in mind!

I've noticed effects like this when I run the site in a reduced window. When I have it full screen it's OK. Could that be the issue?

"Tell me what you found, not what you lost" Mesopotamian proverb

I've noticed effects like this when I run the site in a reduced window. When I have it full screen it's OK. Could that be the issue?

My Internet Explorer 8 has no problems with a reduced window.

"Mind like parachute, function only when open."

(Charlie Chan)

That's not what I'm seeing. Might be a browser problem. What kind of browser do you use? Links will be back very soon (actually they're still there - http://basicroleplaying.com/links.htm, there just isn't a link leading there yet). Reviews will be back, within a couple of weeks hopefully. Wiki is gone, but the content will be added to the CMS, waiting for a wiki-widget for it to become a real wiki again. SGL.
I just looked at the homepage in IE8, Firefox 3.0.16 and CHrome 3.0.195.34 and it looked ok in all browsers, and all reasonable window sizes (I didn't try sizing down the window until the pictures no longer fit).

I'm on a PC, could it be a Mac v PC browser version problem? Steve

Bathalians, the newest UberVillians!