How much are canonic the computer games Six Ages and KoDP?

Beorne

In particular playing KoDP you have a very strong Elmal Cult, then reading the new books you see that Elmal is, at best, of irrelevant importance, if ever existed as a standalone God.

Is this only due to the different time perod or KoDB is strongly based on "now non canon" sources? Are there other big differencies?

Thanks

Edited by Beorne

• Beorne changed the title to How much are canonic the computer games Six Ages and KoDP?

For Elmal thing, see Jeff Richard in

In the late Third Age, the Sartarite hero Monrogh the Founder revealed that Elmal was a mask of Yelmalio, and Elmal’s cult has since been largely subsumed within other Sun cults such as Yelm or Yelmalio. However, some small communities in Dragon Pass still worship Elmal as the sun god. Elmal’s cult resembles Yelmalio’s cult in most respects and is viewed by outsiders as a regional variant of the Yelmalio cult.

• Thanks 1

Or see my Gloranthan Manifesto (Volume One, pages 33-35) which outlines the publishing history as well as the Gloranthan timeline. 

Edited by Nick Brooke
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If you want to see the most important references if you are writing for RQG, see here: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com/home/gloranthan-documents/glorantha-2/references-for-glorantha-2021/

If you are asking how much of the background material can I use in my game - it depends on the when you set your game and what material could you incorporate. For example I'm sure using the sacred time HeroQuests in a RQG game would work fine, likewise the info on the gods is handy.

Edited by David Scott
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

• 3 weeks later...

Greg Stafford collaborated pretty closely on King of Dragon Pass, so

1. It’s very canonical. He approved art and made up names (Uralda) and titles (Luminous Stallion King) that we needed.

2. It’s not canonical — we had explicit freedom to diverge from published Glorantha (you might notice that Sartar doesn’t show up to steal your thunder).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4