What happened to Gringle Goodsell?

Deanjday

I am the ancient age of 52 now, but way back when I started roleplaying at the age of 11 with Runequest being my very first game. 

I cut my teeth on the original Apple Lane and had great fun first rpg experiences defending Gringle's pawnshop! 

So although I see the need for the setting to move forward in time, I was very saddened to see in the current time frame the pawnshop a blackened shell, Apple Lane so changed and Gringle chased off and missing. 

So my question is, is there any info to say what happened to Gringle? Is he dead, or just set up another pawnshop somewhere else? I know it's my Glorantha and in my campaign I can say whatever I like, but what is the official version? 

Edited by Deanjday
  • Like 2

An adventure seed in the Game Master Screen Pack mentions that he fled to Notchet.

Spoiler

His daughter returns with the crystal of Toothsharp that was protected in the Apple Lane scenario.

Edit: This was discussed some time ago in this thread:

Edited by Ludo Bagman
Added link

54 minutes ago, Ludo Bagman said:

An adventure seed in the Game Master Screen Pack mentions that he fled to Notchet.

Reveal hidden contents

His daughter returns with the crystal of Toothsharp that was protected in the Apple Lane scenario.

Ahhh, I wonder if we will see him in the future Notchet supplement being worked on? 

7 hours ago, Deanjday said:

So although I see the need for the setting to move forward in time, I was very saddened to see in the current time frame the pawnshop a blackened shell, Apple Lane so changed and Gringle chased off and missing. 

That event occurs in a scenario, Return to Apple Lane, in the HQG book Sartar Companion. 

7 hours ago, Deanjday said:

is there any info to say what happened to Gringle? Is he dead, or just set up another pawnshop somewhere else? I know it's my Glorantha and in my campaign I can say whatever I like, but what is the official version?

Those playing the above-mentioned scenario could have helped Gringle escape - in which case he could have gone anywhere.  Based on the Adventure Seed in the Adventurer's Book, it suggests he made it to Nochet.  But he was already old, so if he did escape, does he still live?

Unless someone develops a scenario with him as a character, he will likely remain a loose end for GM's to do with as they please.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...