Big Spirit has telekinesis for fun

Godweyn

Hello, hive mind!

So maybe I made a corrupt and probably insane Wyter with random rolls.

And this little thing chose to have Telekinesis as one of his spiritual abilities.

And here is the real question, I know the description says that "The spirit has the STR characteristic, even when discorporate, equal to his POW. The spirit´s STR can project up to 10 meters or more", so how does this work ? mechanically, let's say which combat SR does it act on? Can it be considered as an attack or is it only used to throw things? or even better can it act in combat?

How do you rule it? and all his ramifications.

Edited by Godweyn

I'd rule he can push enemies with its STR, and I'd use its POW as DEX and SIZ to calculate its SR.

What he can do with the telekinesis would depend a lot IMHO on the "shape" each particular wyter has. But pushing and lifting objects would fit. I picture this telekinesis as a sort of poltergeist effect.

• Like 1

Read my Runeblog about RuneQuest and Glorantha at: http://elruneblog.blogspot.com.es/

Not that I’m admitting to have done this to my players, of course not, perish the thought, but should a spirit have telekinesis capable of throwing things for say 1d3 damage per 3 points of SIZ thrown & there’s nothing else handy in the room, the spirit can always throw one adventurer at another adventurer…. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Shiningbrow said:

Is a physical body required?

There is a "no magic" rule that is meant to be enforced by giant referees kicking the violators, which I think means yes, a physical body is required.

Telling how it is excessive verbis

On 8/12/2021 at 1:09 AM, Joerg said:

There is a "no magic" rule that is meant to be enforced by giant referees kicking the violators, which I think means yes, a physical body is required.

How would the referees kick the wyter? I mean, its spirit, not merely the physical housing...

On 8/13/2021 at 11:12 AM, Shiningbrow said:

How would the referees kick the wyter? I mean, its spirit, not merely the physical housing...

Interesting question: how integrated is a wyter into the binding/operating object? What feedback will it receive, will getting kicked just muck up its coordination and control, or will it actually cause some visceral form of being unwell for the entity?

If appearing as/in a living being, I suppose it will receive all manner of physical feedback, including vertigo, nausea, and pain.

Telling how it is excessive verbis