The Glorantha Sourcebook. Missing Text ????

Dirk Le Daring

Finished reading the book. Good read. Probably less enthused about the Lunar Empire now 😉 (Never intended to play a Lunar anyway, but, things can change....) They are a strange bunch, and, well, chaos......

Two , make that three questions.....

Page 181, last paragraph, last sentence.... And I will quote....

They accepted luxurious gifts and Lunar wives, who entered the cults of their land and taught some Lunar magic to a

That's it... Next page starts with a new paragraph.

Page 185, last paragraph... Will quote....

In 7/18 (1589) Procottus the Sailor took his first three Moon Boats over the empty, foggy wastes of Fronela and landed secretly among one of the Arrolian city-states there

That's for that one. Could be lack of punctuation, but I get the feeling something is missing....

Bonus question (Not about missing text)....

Where in Balazar is Gonn Orta ???Sounds like a very cool giant, that would be great to meet. (Page 208)

• Like 1

Gonn Orta's castle is in a pass between some of the Eleven Big Giant Mountains in the Rockwood Mountains between the Elder Wilds and the Wastes according to Griffin Mountain p.175

In the Glorantha Sourcebook, see the map on p.144, look for the mountains between the green Elder and the orange Praxians east of the grey Dagori Inkarth.

If you download the free Argan Argar Atlas it's map 20 and shows Gonn Orta's Pass between Skik and Tarnk.

Edited by AndrewTBP
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dirk Le Daring said:

They accepted luxurious gifts and Lunar wives, who entered the cults of their land and taught some Lunar magic to a

The pagination of my PDF seems to differ from your copy. Mine says

They accepted luxurious gifts and Lunar wives, who entered the cults of their land and taught some Lunar magic to a few of their women. In this way, Jarst and Garsting were married into the Empire by the end of the Wane.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dirk Le Daring said:

In 7/18 (1589) Procottus the Sailor took his first three Moon Boats over the empty, foggy wastes of Fronela and landed secretly among one of the Arrolian city-states there

Mine says

In 7/18 (1589) Procottus the Sailor took his first three Moon Boats over the empty, foggy wastes of Fronela and landed secretly among one of the Arrolian city-states there that had been settled by the empire generations earlier.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Dirk Le Daring said:

That's for that one. Could be lack of punctuation, but I get the feeling something is missing....

I can confirm, that I see the same omissions in my physical version of The Glorantha Sourcebook, whereas the PDF version contains the full text as cited above by @AndrewTBP.

Taking a closer look this seems to be a small formatting issue in the printed version of The Glorantha Sourcebook. The text columns below the map are formatted a bit differently clearly in the first case ...

Edited by Oracle
  • Thanks 1

On 8/18/2021 at 5:05 AM, Dirk Le Daring said:

Having checked the book, PDF, Tribal Edit Thread and print layout files. This was an error not caught by the tribal edit, but after the corrected file was sent to print. The correct text will be in any future reprints (as in the PDF). Thanks for spotting this.

Corrections page: CHA4033 The Glorantha Sourcebook – Q&A

Edited by Scotty
added corrections page link
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2